• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoulder bump inconsistency

I think I should wait for second cycle of fire forming for more consistent shoulder bump after resizing, right?

I would suspect that's correct - I saw this with Lapua 6.5 brass on first firing - the shoulders were over a spread of .003-.004. I bumped the longest ones .002, and then rest fell where they fell. On 2nd firing, they were all pretty much the same - within .001 of one another.

It doesn't have to be complicated. Find a piece that is hard to chamber. That piece of brass has filled the chamber. If you can't find one, none of your brass has filled the chamber. You can literally do this with nothing but your rifle, a die and shell plate, and some fired brass.

You can do this with nothing but the above mentioned things, and some sort of comparator that is close to the datum line, and a caliper.