• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Shoulder pre-fit for BigHorn Origin?

Hunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Tennessee
Who out there provides a shouldered pre-fit for a Bighorn Origin with decent turn-around? Also, are the willing to provide a certain freebore?

PVA
Keystone
Straight Jacket Armor
or any smith that can read the prints

Doubt you’ll get a custom freebore unless you are providing the reamer.

What cartridge and what freebore do you want?

Lots of smiths can do the prefit. Posting the specifics might help smiths identify easily if they can provide the cartridge and freebore you want.

I should have mentioned that earlier. Looking at 6 Creedmoor. It’s like to shoot 108 ELDs and maybe some 115 DTACs.

I should have mentioned that earlier. Looking at 6 Creedmoor. It’s like to shoot 108 ELDs and maybe some 115 DTACs.

You don't need a custom freebore. The standard SAAMI reamer with .183 freebore is perfect.

Reactions: Hardpan
PVA
Straight Jacket
Mile high shooting

All turn out great shouldered barrels and lead times aren’t long although not sure about current times at this moment. Can’t go wrong with either of them.

Just recently bought one from Altus and they were great to deal with, I spoke with Mike for a while on the phone and was extremely pleased with the customer service I received

Bugholes/Southern Precision.
It’ll probably shoot too!

Bugholeswas posting 6 weeks on their web site and was quoted 8 weeks when I ordered. I received my barrel at 14 weeks so not too quick on turn around.