• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoulder Recoil Pad ELR light gun?

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,

Embarrassed to ask for advice on this, but my 33XC has significant recoil which I think impacts my accuracy.

I am thinking of buying/using some shoulder recoil reduction pads (worn on shooters shoulder). Are there some recommended ones out there, especially for prone shooting that we do in ELR matches. Any pros/cons based on experience?

thanks for the help

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230814-133930_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814-133930_Samsung Internet.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: harry_x1
Look into getting hydraulics it will not only reduce the amount of felt recoil but will help with tracking to eliminate the left hand jump
Are lots of people running hydraulics down there?
This 375 has a bunch more recoil than I’m used to. My shoulder can handle it but I’ve gotta be really squared up to keep it on/near target for spotting misses. A shock might help. I’m gonna try to add 15-20lbs also

1692135174663.png

might seem strange but a pair on your shoulder and one on the butt-stock of your gun on the cheap should really work well for protection from recoil .

• Haha
Reactions: harry_x1
Are lots of people running hydraulics down there?
This 375 has a bunch more recoil than I’m used to. My shoulder can handle it but I’ve gotta be really squared up to keep it on/near target for spotting misses. A shock might help. I’m gonna try to add 15-20lbs also
Adding weight will help but hydrolics make a huge difference it solves the lt hand jump problem. used lots in f class. For that reason to stay on target. elr has a lot to learn from ftr if they only do the research