• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shout out for Blue Moutain Precision: Re: Pre-fit barrels

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    So, I thought I should comment on these guys because good folks just need a pat on the back now and then imo. We have many really good vendors on the hide too and they are very appreciated!

So, as many of you know, I tried to do a group buy for pre-fit barrels. I saw where several guys were looking for pre-fit .223 barrels, as was I, and they couldn't be found. When I found BMP, I emailed them and the owner (Eric) spent a lot of time with me, which meant something to me.

Anyway, for a few different reasons, we weren't able to get to the number of barrels required for his group buy price. Even though we didn't, he still gave those of us who did order, a really great price.

That's not where it ended though. The owner again spoke with me for a really long time, and answered a lot of questions I had about technical things. He was just a really nice guy, and the kind of guy that I would be friends with.

So, after I give the order, pay (at the reduced price), 2 days later I get an email from him. It's a tracking number for my barrel!!!

There's a note that says "normally the timeline on a new order is 2-3 weeks but, my family is going on vacation and I didn't want you to have to wait for us to get back for your barrel, so we went ahead and spun em up, thank you for the business " .

I don't know how many of you guys have bought stuff lately, but as for me, this is NOT typical. The guy already gave me a big price break, even though we didn't do what we agreed to for said price. He then actually talked to me for about an hour, then he spun up my barrel (and the other guys barrels too mind you!) And shipped it right out. I thought this was worth posting about.

PS: from what I understand from several others, his barrels are freaking legit too! I will definitely report back to this thread when I can get my barrel on my action!

100 yards, don't recall on group size, but a couple other groups at 100 and 300 had me going with 23.6. Mild load with LC brass 2750 fps. Fun on the 6" gongs at 628.

20" Hawk Hill, .223W, ACC chassis, TT Diamond, now wears an Area 419 Hellfire and added the internal fore end and buttstock weights.

20" Hawk Hill, .223W, ACC chassis, TT Diamond, now wears an Area 419 Hellfire and added the internal fore end and buttstock weights.
    Very nice. I can't wait to get my barrel, but the bolt head I will need is coming on the new action which isn't here yet. Hopefully, it will come in soon so I can take that bolt head and put it on my origin action and screw on my new barrel.

Welp... I received my barrel today. It threaded on perfectly. Now I just need my trigger and a set of Go/No-Go gauges for. .223. (I will be the proud owner of not 1, but 2. - sets of .308 gauges now due to Pacific Tool and Gauge taking 2 months to send me what I ordered and not communicating at all. (I bought another set because I didn't think they were ever going to send me anything ). So if anyone wants to trade me a set of .308 for a set of 5.56 Go/No-go gauges, please do PM me...

I will update this thread once I actually shoot this bad mama-jama