• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shout out to a vortex rep: 11-33X50 Razor HD spotter

dk-1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2007
Central, Ca.
Any chance you guys will eventually come out with a retice eye piece for these? I'm on the hunt for a good spotter to work double duty as a tactical (ranging/calling corrections/observation in LE enviroment) and hunting spotter. Must be light and compact for packing around in the Sierra Nevadas and have great glass. This looks like the PERFECT glass, just needs a reticle option.

You missed this part: "
icon_note.gif

This eyepiece is specifically designed for use with the 85 mm Razor HD spotting scopes— it is not compatible with the 65 mm or 50 mm Razor HD models." So you'd need to get this spotter: Vortex Tactical - Razor HD 20-60x85 Angled which at 15.3" and 65.7 oz isn't exactly a lightweight.... but has excellent glass. I plan on getting one soon and I'll let you all drool on at matches.

1911fan

Just thought I would pass along the link to the ranging eye piece that Vortex has for the spotter, anyone can read and research from there.

I have both eye pieces for mine and tend to use the standard multi mag eye piece more often at most of the events for folks wanting to spot the traces and impacts on steel beyond 600 for scoring. Most of the time corrections and impacts are called by partners looking through their own rifle scope.

1911 a good catch on the --11-33X50 Razor HD spotter

oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
I asked this question at the Vortex booth at SHOT and got blank stares. Like it was not even considered.

For the record I am a massive Vortex fan. I own 4 pieces, but none of them is a reticle'd spotter.