• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Shout out to Athlon

Lawless

Pureblood
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2018
    NC
    My Ares fell over on some concrete when I was yapping at the range and backed into it with my foot. It was sitting beside the bench on my Kidd on the floor so it just skinned up the battery cover on the left side.

I emailed Athlon about purchasing a replacement and Sydney responded within just a few minutes. He told me they would be glad to send me one out at no charge!

That is simply great customer care and I appreciate a company like that in a world where profit margins can be very thin.

Thanks Athlon.

Last edited:
    This makes me happy to hear. I've always been a Vortex guy but went Ares because of the availability. Feel like I'm not sacrificing the vortex service I've been accustomed to.

that’s great to hear! Athlon seems to be a solid company that backs there gear up.
    Had my rifle accidentally knocked over at a match and it scuffed up my battery cover and dented it. Might have to give athlon a call for a new one.

Reactions: Lawless
    The same thing happened to my Cronus. By some miracle, only the battery cap was scuffed. I called Athlon and asked to buy a replacement and they refused to take my money. My replacement arrived in a couple of days. I wish other companies would learn that piss poor customer service doesn't build brand loyalty.

I am repeating a review that I made that has been used elsewhere. I bought a btr10-40 scope from Athlon ,and just installed it on my 13lb target gun. Was just sighting it in and made the mistake of leaving on bench and going inside. When I came out it was upside down on concrete and hit on top turret. As you can guess it was broken bad. Called Athlon told them what happen and it was my fault and would pay for repairs. They told me to send in in. That was on a Monday next week I received a new scope at no charge. That is hard to beat. And since then have called them about other things and they have went out of there way to help.

I emailed them last night. Had a response this morning asking what scope it was and an address. They are sending me a new cover with no charge. Thank you Athlon for the great customer service.