• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shout out to Eric at Blue Mountain Precision for their great barrels!

• Thread starter Deleted member 115591
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115591

Just wanted to give a shout out to Eric at Blue Mountain Precision!

Was looking for a gunsmith to make a couple of barrels (300 prc and 6gt) for my new to me AXSR. Saw Blue Mountain Precision being recommended on a few posts here on the Hide.

Watched a bunch of his videos and called him up regarding the purchase. He was very patient and super helpful in answering all of my questions. Even took the extra step to gather some info I was looking for from his smith buddies. Answered all of my emails and calls without delay.

Took the plunge and ordered the two barrels from him. He sent the barrels to me WELL within the time frame he quoted me.

Went to the range today and sighted both barrels in. Have to say I am super happy with the work and the accuracy! My first 5 shot group per each barrel (after sighters) came out to be tighter than my previous prefit barrels from other manufactures. This is all before I did any load work at all.

If you are looking for someone to try for your next barrels, I would highly recommend that you reach out to Eric at Blue Mountain Precision!

Reactions: howler
I had the exact same experience with Eric. Called and asked him about what blanks he had on hand and his reamers, ended up spending a good amount of time talking about reamers and the extensive quality control he does to maintain his.

Ordered a hawk hill heavy comp contour (awesome barrel btw) in 6 dasher after letting him know my load specs so he could pick the best reamer suited for it. Barrel is an absolute hammer and I received it in half the quoted time. Truly happy with the entire experience and will be ordering more prefits soon.

I have yet to shoot my 22 Creed, but I have no doubt it will shoot well. I sent a Bartlein blank to them and once received, they had my chambered, threaded, and cerakoted prefit to me 6 days later. Was definitely impressed by the turn around time.

I have yet to shoot my 22 Creed, but I have no doubt it will shoot well. I sent a Bartlein blank to them and once received, they had my chambered, threaded, and cerakoted prefit to me 6 days later. Was definitely impressed by the turn around time.
I am certain it will shoot well. That turn around time was very impressive!