• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Shout out to Vortex customer service.

Surfingsk8r

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
So I ordered some PMR rings from an online vendor and when I finally got around to getting them on the rifle (months later) I noticed that I was missing two of the ring cap screws. I have no idea if I got an open box special or if they just fell out in transfer etc. but there were gone. So I called up vortex looking to purchase a pack of the screws and instead I was told that they were gonna send me some for free. This is not at all what I expected because I don't see how this lied with them as something they needed to rectify. Fast forward to when I receive them in the mail and I open the box to find that they also gave me a free hat. Awesome. Cant really say enough how awesome I think that is. I call them looking to buy something and instead they send me free stuff above and beyond what I needed. Just thought I would share the experience as I try to make note of exceptional service when I receive it.

Yesterday morning I emailed them asking if a LTEC-TOOL or LTEC-ADOM was the correct tool for my AMG I bought used off a member here that didn’t come with the tool. I told them I had bought a scope second hand that didn’t have one and wanted to make sure I got the right one to complete the package. The first response answered my question and asked for my address. Got a shipping notification last night, now my free AMG tool will be here 4-5 days before my scope! Top notch, I was fully prepared to spend the $15-$20 to get the tool.

Reactions: Surfingsk8r
Mine have been back at least 3 x usually due to me not using the case and screwing up the eye cups or adjustment knobs. They always fix them and return promptly. Vortex all the way.

My viper pst developed some weird debris on the reticle after about 8 years. Sent it back, they sent me a new scope. And the new scope was within .2mil R of exact zero after mounting.

I've used their return service with good results. Had to send back a tripod due to some worn out fittings (they never worked from day 1) that allowed the center post to slide down with any pressure on it. They said send it back, so I did. They put all new fittings on it and it works as it should now. Fast tun around too.

I have dealt with Vortex customer service before and they are absolutely second to none. They have the best reputation in the business as far as I’m concerned.
My shooting buddy (diesel mechanic) torqued the shit out of his scope rings and we figured out the problem. He sent it in to Vortex for them to check out. Less than 10 days he had a BRAND NEW scope returned to him with a letter stating that the rings were overtightened and the tube was warped, unit was un-repairable, so the unit was replaced.
I was blown away. It was HIS mistake. And they knew that. They had no culpability at all but replaced it for him, no charge, within 10 days.
I always buy Vortex with utmost confidence.

They continue to impress, after mailing me the tool for free, I got the scope yesterday. Immediately realized the original scope manual wasn't included so I sent the same lady at Vortex an email. Got a shipping notice not long after. Then last night after I mounted the scope I realized the turret cap to access the interior turret to zero was badly cross-threaded...another email sent, another free package on the way. Shame I may have to send it all the way to them because of thread damage, but they have been excellent to work with. Very impressive support of a guy who was up-front that I had a second-hand scope.