• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoutout to Inline Fabrication Press Mounts ... and review

Gustav7

Son of a Gun...
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Ohio (OH)
    I reload mostly in my shop out back, however it gets humid in summer and I'd prefer to keep some of my reloading stuff in the house and be able to use one of my two presses (or either), in the house or the shop. So I figured I needed to up the interchangeability and organization of everything, specifically in the house. We're converting one of our spare rooms to an office and a reloading room soo I got a few quick change plates from Inline Fabrication, the 7.5" mount, the flush fit mount, wall rails and Dillon 550 tool head holders for the wall rails (also fits acro bins).

First and foremost, I had a few questions for Dan at Inline and he was very helpful. When I got my package, I was missing the dillon toolhead light I ordered. Although I'm pretty sure it fell out of the gaping hole in the box (thank USPS), Dan still sent me another one free of charge. And for anyone wondering, the quality and fit of the products is GREAT and well worth the money for sure.

Everything was packages well and wrapped well. He threw in a sticker too....cause who doesn't love stickers right.

I got the quick change plates for the two presses I have and use: Dillon 550 and Lyman T-mag II turret press. The Dillon plate comes with the spot to mount the spent cartridge schute, as well as the bullet tray on the left side.
    IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4258.jpg

All my work benches in my shop are all the same height of 37.5" for uniformity... and this was always a little low to reload on without a mount. I've reloaded close to 10k rounds on these benches and boy am I glad to have a higher mount now. The 7.5" raised Inline Fab. mount is perfect in my opinion for going on top of a 37.5" high work bench.
    IMG_4266.jpg

The reloading bench in my house I specifically made for reloading, so it is 43" tall. I got the flush mount Inline Fab mount for this bench, which does have to be routed into the bench. I'm not amazing with a router, but I do have an old Makita 1/2" router and speciality 2" carbide flattening bit for live edge wood slabs that I used. Made relative short work of it, then cleaned it up with chisels. I also chiseled out a spot for the quick change tab on the plates like the instructions recommend.
    IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4252.jpg

I also purchased the 32" wall rail which is a great design and allows you to put various different things on the rail including standard acro bins of any size. I was unfortunately in between any studs and wanted it centered so I just used the fat plastic drywall screw anchors. I rarely use studs anymore honestly, unless its obviously there or its something seriously heavy. I got the Dillon toolhead holders as well, which for the money are far better than the Dillon stands, and they're cheaper.
    IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg

Aaaaand heres the finished room. The 7.5" mount will go out in the shop, and then I can switch presses back and forth easily as needed, or depending on where I feel like reloading at the time.
    IMG_4263.jpg

Worth noting that ALL HARDWARE is included with the exception of the bolts for the mounts...obviously because everyones benches are different thicknesses. I ordered some black, allen head, counter sunk 1/4-20 bolts from McMaster Carr and they were perfect. They match the mounts and I've always preferred to bolt through the bench as opposed to lagging or screwing. Legit set up and can't thank Dan enough.

In going to do the flush mount I think. I have 3 presses I want to mount, and my bench is about the same height. What are the dimensions on the plate and where the mounting holes are?

In going to do the flush mount I think. I have 3 presses I want to mount, and my bench is about the same height. What are the dimensions on the plate and where the mounting holes are?

The bench in my house is 43" tall and with the flush mount its perfect for me. Not too high and I finish the down stroke on the handle with a slightly bent elbow. I stand when I reload and I'm 6'0"...and its perfect. I load a lot of super light .38spl loads so every round I peak into the case before I set the bullet on and again, the height works great.

The flush mount plate is 8"x8", and hangs off 1.4-1.5" off the front of the bench. The mounting holes for the plate are 4"x4". IF you're going to route it into your table, it sits 7/16" down and thats exact. They also sell a spacer plate if you don't have a router, you can just mount it to the top and it'll sit up 1/8-1/4"

Thanks. I'm 6'2 and my bench is about the same as yours. I have my benchs et up to mount a lee plate right now, but I'm thinking about switching to the inline fab

Last edited:
    Whats a leenplte?

I couldn't be happier with the Inline Fab. Basically zero movement as well. That being said, my bench is lagged to the studs in my wall with 6in. screws too lol

Whats a leenplte?

I couldn't be happier with the Inline Fab. Basically zero movement as well. That being said, my bench is lagged to the studs in my wall with 6in. screws too lol

Typo... lee bench plate is what I meant. It's similar idea to the inline fab, but different execution. The inline fab system seems more secure

Gotcha. The Inline is very secure. The wing nuts are coarse thread and you can crank them down pretty good. They don't feel like cheap plastic either and are big enough to allow you to crank them pretty hard, and no flex on them. You'd be surprised how much difference a good wingnut to a shitty wingnut would make lol.

Where the quick change plate inserts into the bench mount, on the bench mount theres also an allen head stop screw. Once you insert that press on the quick change plate into the mount and lock down your wing nuts, you can also set the stop screw into the tongue on the plate, allowing even more lack of movement. See Below......
    IMG_4252.jpg

Reactions: Ryridesmotox
    Nice, that screw adjustment will be nice for my lee loadmaster to limit rock in the system. Going to order them soon.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Gustav7