• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your Hunting cabins.

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
This cabin had been in our family since the early 1900's. Unfortunately a good buddy of mine (Chuck) had to do his job as a Forest Ranger and blew it up in the mid 1980's. We had a lot of good times in this old cabin and some of my fondest memories are of this place. It wasn't uncommon to wake up to heards of elk (+100) in the meadow right behind it. There was a big pond right in front of the bmx bike jump we made (lower right corner) with a fresh water spring that came out of the ground about 1/8th of a mile up the hill. I'm now looking to purchase some land in back home and I will definately build another cabin to take it's place and continue our family tradition. Let's see yours.
TheCabin2-1.jpg

Re: Show me your Hunting cabins.

That good buddy Chuck to whom you refer...

His last name wouldn't start with an "M" would it?

Why did it have to be destroyed? It was gorgeous!!!

When I build my cabin here in the next couple of years I want it to look like that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That good buddy Chuck to whom you refer...

His last name wouldn't start with an "M" would it?

Why did it have to be destroyed? It was gorgeous!!!

When I build my cabin here in the next couple of years I want it to look like that one. </div></div>

Thanks guys. I sure do miss her. I use to love to spend my summers up there knowing that there wasn't anyone else around for miles. I felt a young like Grizzly Adams and those were some of the best times I ever had. Yeah his last name starts with an "M".
whistle.gif
Chuck was just doing his job but I still like to give him shit about it. Lol.. To be honest this cabin was built up in the high country and on public land thus it was "illegal". The only way in was to 4x4 on an old railroad grade (R/R trestle on left edge) and for most of the year you had to winch yourself up to it or you were in for one hell of a hike. Our cabin was built during a time when this wasn't uncommon or frowned upon but as we all know times change. We tried to keep her by registering it as a "gold claim" but unfortunately we couldn't produce enough per year so the Govt. stepped in and blew her up. The sad thing is that the very next year a fire swept through this area and would have burned her down anyways. Let's see yours.

SS--

I got the land and the money, but haven't built one yet. It's still in the design phase, and I definately like the looks of that cabin you had. Perfect design and location for sure.

I'm looking into kit cabins as well, but haven't settled on anything yet.

Damn shame ol' Chuck M. found it. Something tells me that when Chuck finds someone or something, there will be problems....LOL!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys had BMX bikes in the mid 80's??? </div></div>

Yup, I had a Haro and Diamondback bmx bike as a kid in the 80's.

Been going here for along time....On the eastern front, 80yds from the Forest Service Boundary and the National Forest in MT. @ 5800'+-
DSC00082.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been going here for along time....On the eastern front, 80yds from the Forest Service Boundary and the National Forest in MT. @ 5800'+-
DSC00082.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice.