• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your McMillan’s

AHart76

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Ordering a McMillan A5 Adjustable tomorrow. Been looking through the Camo patterns and none of them really jump out at me. Just wondered if some fellow hide members could show me their guns in a McMillan. Not trying to be a copy cat, just think seeing a full gun and not just a stock gives a guy a better feel! Thanks!

I just ordered one in urban camo, something different, I thought it looked neat

IMG_20170615_211743247.jpg

50% olive 25% tan and 25% black. Bought directly from McMillan and it was in stock so no waiting.

My 6.5 Creedmoor. Still one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

Attachments

• 9975906E-02F9-45CC-8813-71447D14695E.jpeg
    9975906E-02F9-45CC-8813-71447D14695E.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 534
Those all look sweet! Ordered a TL3 and I’m gonna have my smith spin me up a Hawk Hill in 6.5 Creed. Can’t wait to see this all come together. My first full custom build! I’ve been googling around and right now I’m liking the Gap or Desert Transition camo patterns!

Vargmat,
Could you please tell me what brand of adjustable but you have on your rifle ?

Vargmat,
Could you please tell me what brand of adjustable but you have on your rifle ?

The one pictured has been replaced, but it was a Gehmann adjustable recoilpad. Its a German airweapons brand and they have a lot of accessories. It fit the McMillan very well but, I cant really recommend it. Its all alloy and the small bumps on it are not rubber, which I thought, they are made of hard plastic and it made it less than comfortable. I run a regular Pachmayr pad now.

Cant post a pic right now, so placeholder for later.

GAP build in a Game Scout. My absolute favorite traditional setup.

Ordering a McMillan A5 Adjustable tomorrow. Been looking through the Camo patterns and none of them really jump out at me. Just wondered if some fellow hide members could show me their guns in a McMillan. Not trying to be a copy cat, just think seeing a full gun and not just a stock gives a guy a better feel! Thanks!

McMillan A6 Adjustable in Urban Carbon Ambush finish.

John

jGDPiP.jpg

vU9dLF.jpg

psUa8N.jpg

What is this Carbon Ambush? I am not finding it on their sight. Anybody ever done like a Gap carbon ambush? I think I would like the looks of that! Is there actually carbon fiber in the build or is it just something for looks?

What is this Carbon Ambush? I am not finding it on their sight. Anybody ever done like a Gap carbon ambush? I think I would like the looks of that! Is there actually carbon fiber in the build or is it just something for looks?

The carbon ambush colors are limited to the carbon fiber stocks or ones with a graphite shell. So you could build a fiberglass stock with the carbon fiber shell and carbon ambush finish if you preferred one of those finishes but wanted the extra weight of a fiberglass fill.

All of these rifles look awesome!!!

I ordered my A5 today! Carbon shell. Spacer butt pad, flush cup on the left side of the stock, and both sides of forearm. 4 inch Rail for Bipod. Clamp Bar cheek riser.

I asked about the Gap carbon ambush, they don’t offer it...yet. I talked to the lady and did everything I could. She said that they plan on trying it in the next few months. I tried everything I could to offer up to be a test dummy, as I’m sure it would look kick ass. I’m gonna wait for the confirmation email and call back. See if I can’t get y’all then into it. I even offered to sign a no return policy saying I would take it knowing there would be no possibility of a refund.

Until then tho, I ordered it in Woodland Carbon Ambush. Now we wait!!

Reactions: BradW
DSC_0004.JPG

McMillian F-class stock, Kelbly Panda RBLPRE, jewell trigger 1 oz., Desert camo cerrocoat, Vortex golden eagle replaced with a N/F competition 15-55,
caliber6 brc

I didn't love any of the Mcmillan colors either so I had them prep the stock for paint and had it painted by a professional auto body shop

If you like the T4A stock Manners has beautiful colors. I love my Manners stock

I asked about the Gap carbon ambush, they don’t offer it...yet. I talked to the lady and did everything I could. She said that they plan on trying it in the next few months. I tried everything I could to offer up to be a test dummy, as I’m sure it would look kick ass. I’m gonna wait for the confirmation email and call back. See if I can’t get y’all then into it. I even offered to sign a no return policy saying I would take it knowing there would be no possibility of a refund.

Until then tho, I ordered it in Woodland Carbon Ambush. Now we wait!![/QUOTE]

do you receive an answer for the gap carbon ambush? i'm about to order a new stock and i'm dreaming about this pattern!

Last edited:

Until then tho, I ordered it in Woodland Carbon Ambush. Now we wait!!

do you receive an answer for the gap carbon ambush? i'm about to order a new stock and i'm dreaming about this pattern![/QUOTE]

They would not do it. Said it had been discussed, but they weren’t offering it back in August. I tried everything, she put the manager on the phone. I talked to him a bit. Offered to pay a bit extra, told them I understood I would be a test dummy and would take the with a no refund policy no matter how it came out. They were all super nice and talked about if for a while but in the end they said they weren’t willing to experiment on a customers dime. Can’t knock them for that.

Maybe if you call and talk to them? They might have tried it by now. I know one guy on the phone said if they offered it he’d have one buy now. I was really hoping to be the first! Lol!

Game scout in desert camo (Beanland built rifle)

New Adj A-6 in Gap Camo. Just sent off to Jon Beanland for a build.

Attachments

• 2E318C30-7D49-49E2-BC88-E0A9510C06F2.jpeg
    2E318C30-7D49-49E2-BC88-E0A9510C06F2.jpeg
    994 KB · Views: 284
  • A53B7266-1309-4146-944B-6D7AF745AB02.jpeg
    A53B7266-1309-4146-944B-6D7AF745AB02.jpeg
    537.1 KB · Views: 745