• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your pelican!!!

Xinarin13

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
Hopefully this can just be a fun spot to show off your gun case setup and give other people ideas on what to do with theirs... Whether you have a top of the line Pelican case, or the flimsy black case your gun came in (like me ;) ), be proud of your setup and post a picture of your case!

16aeb65f05a3561f2393c61b287bf3f1.jpg

Hey now, don't judge lol.

I have to save up for my own pelican... also, yes... I do currently remove my scope. I have Warne QD rings that I remount the same way each time and so far it has held zero beautifully!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

We'll see if this works with Tapatalk. This is how things sit now. The only thing I might change would be to make a cutout of my stubby 308 barrel.
7bdaee678f09a9718c1ef1689dca6532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[No message]

Attachments

• IMG_3805.PNG
    IMG_3805.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
ma pelican, he hungry...
1260443600_pelican_swallows_pigeon.gif

Lol, you are killing me...

I am loving the setups guys, I did notice that both Nick3143 and OH58DViper have their setup in a manner that would seem upside down to me (though I might be the upside down one here...)

I am just curious why you oriented your rifles in the cases that way? Is it so the rifle stays upright when the box is closed?

Butt stock to the wheels and scope toward the handle when set down. Just peace of mind when setting it down or rolling over bumps. Or when luggage tossers drop it, hopefully it lands on its feet so to speak.

I will have to set mine up that way as well! Still going to be a bit before I can upgrade my case... Part of the reason for this thread is to get some ideas.

I think when I do set mine up I will get a shorter case... the pelican 1700. My rifle is longer than that, however I am considering separating the upper and lower in the case to be able to use a smaller case... one that can fit in more places :D

Got my Plano Mil Spec set up like this. Not too much stuff in there so I have plenty of protection and the scope up towards the handle.

zCZrObu.jpg

I am curious what guys with folders use. Do you fold the stock and get a shorter case like a 1700 or leave the stock locked open and go with a longer case. I imagine it would be difficult to cut the foam deep enough to accommodate for the folded stock. Doing so I suppose would also provide less cushion for your scope. I like a shorter case but want to provide appropriate protection for my rig.

My AI AX308 in a 1750. Leaving room for the suppressor and maybe a pistol.

Attachments

• photo49809.jpg
    photo49809.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 219
I'm absolutely engaged in this thread. When I was younger and dumber I messed up a foam job. Case is fine, but I need new foam for the inside. Where are good sources for replacement foam?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I too am saving up for a real rifle case, but in the mean time will share a $35 (from jet.com) Pelican for the Liberty Mystic.
167nptc.jpg

119ba4l.jpg

Wait... people actually use a pelican? Only time I've ever used mine was flying. Any other time it gets thrown in a drag bag sorta thing and tossed in the trunk.

I have two pelican cases. The only problem is they are so heavy I have to take the rifles out so I can carry them...Seriously for airline travel you can't beat them. For going to the range I use a drag bag..Ray

Wait... people actually use a pelican? Only time I've ever used mine was flying. Any other time it gets thrown in a drag bag sorta thing and tossed in the trunk.

I have two pelican cases. The only problem is they are so heavy I have to take the rifles out so I can carry them...Seriously for airline travel you can't beat them. For going to the range I use a drag bag..Ray

I think in the long run mine will be used as storage and transport... if I get a drag bag that might convince me to leave the case at home when going shooting, but I think if I get a smaller case and separate the upper and lower I can keep it small enough to be manageable for easy transport and maximum security.

So why not drag bag in pelican. When I had my TRG42 I ran it in an eberlestock drag bag inside a pelican with out foam.

I always view it as the best of both worlds. Drag bag for range trips and then just drop it in the hard case for long trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have most of my rifles in Pelican cases so I can just toss them in the bed of the truck with no worries at all

IMG_4137.jpgIMG_4972.jpg

The main reason is just for traveling purposes. If you were to bring your rifle somewhere that requires an empty chamber indicator, such as an airport, it is much easier to have the bolt out.

So why not drag bag in pelican. When I had my TRG42 I ran it in an eberlestock drag bag inside a pelican with out foam.

I always view it as the best of both worlds. Drag bag for range trips and then just drop it in the hard case for long trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How much does the drag bag bounce around inside though? That doesn't seem like a very secure option.

I have most of my rifles in Pelican cases so I can just toss them in the bed of the truck with no worries at all

That's the thought on my end... grab and go and don't need to worry about it lol

I like that 2 layer idea!

curious if anyone with a folder actually folds it in order to use a shorter case? I am trying to figure out which way to go. I have a AI folder with a 24" and a 17" barrel. I am leaning towards a case that will support the longer barrel installed and have a cut out for the shorter. I can decide to plan on transporting it folded or not. Im afraid the cut out for the stock folded would be too deep, basically all the way down thru the lower foam level, and not provide any cushion.

curious if anyone with a folder actually folds it in order to use a shorter case? I am trying to figure out which way to go. I have a AI folder with a 24" and a 17" barrel. I am leaning towards a case that will support the longer barrel installed and have a cut out for the shorter. I can decide to plan on transporting it folded or not. Im afraid the cut out for the stock folded would be too deep, basically all the way down thru the lower foam level, and not provide any cushion.

Placing a folded Ruger PRS into a Plano All Weather Tactical case puts the windage dial so high up that it is heavily pressed into the lid when closed.
The rifle does fit, the optic should probably be removed.

I carry the rifle folded and its really convinient and safe.
I already uploaded this image in the past.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i976.photobucket.com\/albums\/ae248\/gol1\/20160820_113245.jpg"}[/IMG2]

got the Pelican 1750 today and got a custom cut foam felted insert from peak cases. having a hard time uploading photo but either check out peak cases inserts or i can direct message a pic for anyone intersted. very happy with both though

Hopefully your scope is up towards handle. Amazes me how many people put the scope down and what everything rests on when carrying and setting down the case.

Hopefully your scope is up towards handle. Amazes me how many people put the scope down and what everything rests on when carrying and setting down the case.

I wouldn't be too harsh on people since Pelican themselves advertise it that way sometimes...

Pelican.png

Not being harsh on them but speaking my thoughts and feelings on the matter. It's their gear to do as they want.

How an ad company sets up a photo for product sales isn't how I plan to protect my thousands of dollars of equipment when being thrown around by baggage handlers. ;)

I carry the rifle folded and its really convinient and safe.
I already uploaded this image in the past.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i976.photobucket.com\/albums\/ae248\/gol1\/20160820_113245.jpg"}[/IMG2]

What case model is that?

In all honesty, I'm sure Rob is doing it as a FYI. I had my scope down before reading this thread. I saw the first picture of the case with the scope up and saw the reasoning of it and said, wow! That makes sense!! So i flipped my foam around and now its scope up. Simple.

LOL, I didn't realize how my statement could come across. It wasn't intended to sound like a correction, rather like joking around or teasing :D

I actually like the idea of not resting the gun on the scope, it makes perfect sense to me! I am however very surprised that they advertise it like that... seems like something they would notice if they actually know what they are doing.

Great thread to gather ideas and see how others make it all fit. Some very nice rigs. Here's mine.

Attachments

• photo52198.jpg
    photo52198.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 202