• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Show & Tell Topic (pics of your kit)

Re: Show & Tell Topic (pics of your kit)

KNIGHTS ARMAMENT SR15 E3 with LARUE AIMPOINT mount T1 and American defence tall mount with PVS14 cowitness
evzz.jpg

Here are some pics of my rig...
Set of ANVIS-6/9 goggles I built
Alpha Half Cut Helmet with Krylon'd Snakeskin Camo job
OSOE NSW HELMET BALLAST - MultiCam
SureFire Helmet Light
MS2000 IR Strobe

Rifle is a 18" SPR Style build with a LaRue 13.2" Rail, LaRue Stealth Upper, MagPul ACS Stock, Leupold 3.5-10X40mm MK4 (FFP) and a PEQ-2A IR Laser

helmet2j.jpg

helmet1y.jpg

I'll try to get some more (and better!) pics soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some pics of my rig...
Set of ANVIS-6/9 goggles I built
Alpha Half Cut Helmet with Krylon'd Snakeskin Camo job
OSOE NSW HELMET BALLAST - MultiCam
SureFire Helmet Light
MS2000 IR Strobe

I'll try to get some more (and better!) pics soon!</div></div>
Great pics and I'd love to hear more about your build of your ANVIS kit and where you went shopping for parts, etc.

Helmet looks great...do you encounter any sag issues using the OSOE ballast since you aren't running a battery pack?

I have a Bell Faction in "scurvy camo" that I plan to mount an extra battery pack/bracket mount on for my ANVIS 9s...just ordered a new chinstrap/hardware from Ops Core yesterday for it actually.
p7330568dt.jpg

If this helmet doesn't cut the mustard than I will probably pick up the same helmet you have for recreational usage/etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marsh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PVS14 in ADM mount, EXPS EOTech, Insight PEQ-2A. When the PEQ2A is in use the PVS14 goes on a helmet mount.

EXPS.jpg
</div></div>
Very clean set-up marsh.

I was able to find all of the parts by cruising around various forums, TNVC and eBay, buying a few pieces here and there... it took me a while (year and a half) but its worth it now! I did not buy a set of matched tubes and kind of regret that now, they are not as clear as actual ANVIS-6/9's are. Perhaps down the road I can muster up some more money to 'rebuild' my set and use the two tubes in them now for a pair of mono's or something along that line.

As far as the sag issue, I do still experience some sag issues but I think I have about got the weight perfected, it is still just a little front heavy. I don't think a battery pack alone would be able to fully counterbalance the weight and using the OSOE Ballast allows me to adjust the weight a lot easier (adding CR123A, adding weights etc...)

I really like the helmet and for the price I don't think it can be beat (thanks TNVC, Vic!) Hopefully I can do a little varmint hunting in the next few weeks before deployment!

Here is a short video of some night shooting. Its a 760 on the rifle and the video is shot with a pvs14:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! You guys got some cool gear. ASM1, if you haven't done a thread in the Larue forum elswhere, you ought to - the guys there would love to see this stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is a LARUE FORUM ? OMG I am there ...I eat shit and sleep larue.. realy that dillo dust is the BOMB! </div></div>

It's funny how a missing comma between "eat shit" changes the meaning so much. I had to read your post a couple of times and got a good laugh out of it.

You do have some great looking gear ASM1!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clasky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MHRS_9.jpg
</div></div>

Can you spec this helmet setup? nice kit

For my ACH, I have the side surefire with the IR illuminater and red lens. Of course my PVS-14 (when I'm working, I need to buy one for personal use). I haven't seen the remote battery kit before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you spec this helmet setup? nice kit</div></div>
Wilcox MHRS
Ops-Core FAST
Vtac light mount
SF M1 IR illuminator
</div></div>

Thanks Doorkicker.
smile.gif
Indeed that is the new Wilcox helmet record system. the unit depicted does show the updated dashboard that just came out over the older MHRS.

PVS-14 depicted is a ITT Night Enforcer NEPVS-14-17 , Pinnacle Autogated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LARUE LT123 rings with LRT mark4 3.5X10X40 cowitnes with Larue LT133/ENVIS..

I AM A LARUE WHORE ... I know,,,

imagenhc.jpg

By asm1 at 2010-10-17</div></div>

Thats an interesting/impressive setup. How well does it work? And what are the components. do you have zero shift issues moving the scope back/forth?

DSCN1203-2.jpg

Pic of my PVS27 mounted on a 300WSM with a Badger embedded front rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LARUE LT123 rings with LRT mark4 3.5X10X40 cowitnes with Larue LT133/ENVIS..

I AM A LARUE WHORE ... I know,,,

imagenhc.jpg

By asm1 at 2010-10-17 </div></div>

Your day scope does not appear to have an illuminated reticle. Isn't an illuminated reticle necessary for night use with a pvs14?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your day scope does not appear to have an illuminated reticle. Isn't an illuminated reticle necessary for night use with a pvs14?</div></div> No

I like the PVS-14 with Leupold set up but curious about eye relief and getting the PVS blasting your eye during recoil. Can someone give me details on this set up? Would I be better off with aimpoint and PVS-14?

does anyone have a NV pic through the scope with magnified optic without illumination?

Check this out: The NVG gathers ambient light and amplifies it. So if you mount it snug behind a non-illum scope like that, all the light it's gathering is coming from the open end of the scope. Which means it's bright as daylight (relatively) through the optic, and the reticle is just black against the green.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1472.jpg
</div></div>
Oh my....

MK11 Mod 0 w/ PVS 22 & DBAL A2

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Same gun w/ Raptor 4x (thinking of permanently mounting it to one of my bolt guns.)

IMG_1069.jpg

I've changed this gun up quite a bit since the pic - but for NV pron value:

Hi-Rez-Lg-IMG_2451.jpg

Fongman, how is your PVS-22 holding up to recoil? Any issues that you've noticed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fongman, how is your PVS-22 holding up to recoil? Any issues that you've noticed? </div></div>
Hey B. Melick - Hope all is well with you!

No issues thus far. But I have a lot of the recoil taken out of that system. With a heavier buffer, Tubbs buffer spring, Tubbs Carrier Weight system (all that has been used with well over a thousands rounds without any problem) she's light on recoil.

And to be honest I only have a couple of hundred rounds down the tube with the PVS22. Much more with the Raptor. Hoping time will avail its self to more range time.

Are you aware of people having issues with that scope due to recoil? I haven't heard that at all...but I've not done a good job of keeping up on things for the last couple of years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haven't seen you around in a LONG TIME Fongman....hope you are doing well brother! </div></div>

Hi Chris, I signed on a couple of weeks ago just to check to see if you were still breathing. I really hope you are doing well. Send me a PM sometime and let me know what's up.

Merry Christmas Brother!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fongman, how is your PVS-22 holding up to recoil? Any issues that you've noticed? </div></div>

Hey B. Melick - Hope all is well with you!

No issues thus far. But I have a lot of the recoil taken out of that system. With a heavier buffer, Tubbs buffer spring, Tubbs Carrier Weight system (all that has been used with well over a thousands rounds without any problem) she's light on recoil.

And to be honest I only have a couple of hundred rounds down the tube with the PVS22. Much more with the Raptor. Hoping time will avail itself to more range time.

Are you aware of people having issues with that scope due to recoil? I haven't heard that at all...but I've not done a good job of keeping up on things for the last couple of years.</div></div>

Let's catch up sometime soon after the holidays and compare NV and thermal equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Let's catch up sometime soon after the holidays and compare NV and thermal equipment. </div></div>

That would be great. Merry Christmas my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buddy toying with my ANVIS9s and ATILLA...I took the pic with my iPhone through my PVS14s (not too shabby really)...
img0310sh.jpg
</div></div>

Not too shabby at ALL. NICE

Finally got around to taking some pics of my gear

ITT PVS-14 Night enforcer

1st up with my ACH

nvgach.jpg

nvgach2.jpg

nvgsbr.jpg

and with my Base Jump
nvgops.jpg

nvgops2.jpg

nvgsbr2.jpg

Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear.

Yes Slapchop, since i got the rifle setup with the PVS27 i have killed around 15 hogs with it all at night. I will say it has been money well spent.

Most of the stuff in those pictures is new minus the suppressed sbr which has been used quite a bit. Problem with NVG stuff is that it sucks if you're the only one who has it and nobody else does so it makes it hard to get to the range with people to train with. Also sucks trying to hunt at night when you're the only one who has it and everyone else is using white light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

My rifle and scope look like shit. My helmet looks like shit. My NV mount looks like shit. They get carried, worn and work abused.

Rifle and scope: $3,000.00. Helmet: (work) $300.00, (off work - hunt/play) $35.00. NV Mount: $40.00. Total $3,375.00.....

My PVS 22 ($7,000.00); PVS 14 ($3,000); Total $10,000.00.
Both of them ride in a padded case in the pack/car trunk unless needed.

With those numbers viewed, and when I am footing the bill for replacement and repair, when I use the 22 and 14, I treat them VERY well and subsequently, they don't look like shit. Don't look new, but don't look like the rifle, scope, or helmets either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

My rifle and scope look like shit. My helmet looks like shit. My NV mount looks like shit. They get carried, worn and work abused.

Rifle and scope: $3,000.00. Helmet: (work) $300.00, (off work - hunt/play) $35.00. NV Mount: $40.00. Total $3,375.00.....

With those numbers viewed, and when I am footing the bill for replacement and repair, when I use the 22 and 14, I treat them VERY well and subsequently, they don't look like shit. Don't look new, but don't look like the rifle, scope, or helmets either. </div></div>
We need pictures! haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

With those numbers viewed, and when I am footing the bill for replacement and repair, when I use the 22 and 14, I treat them VERY well and subsequently, they don't look like shit. Don't look new, but don't look like the rifle, scope, or helmets either. </div></div>
We need pictures! haha</div></div>

Captain Huskey uses his stuff. There is never a question of IF it gets used and the appearance does not reflect use either. But eyewitness accounts (on some stuff, not all) show that his gear is used and used often.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need pictures! haha </div></div>

jhuskey speaks the truth. I've seen his work/field gear and trust me, safe queens, they are not.
You also will not fill his glass but one time either, if he's give the green light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need pictures! haha </div></div>

jhuskey speaks the truth. I've seen his work/field gear and trust me, safe queens, they are not.
You also will not fill his glass but one time either, if he's give the green light. </div></div>
Oh I just wanted to see more NV setup pics, Im not really worried about if they are worn down or not...

If your looking for photos that tell a story, ask to see jhuskeys Rhino's windshild. That Rhino wears jump wings.
Yes, they were awarded only after being earn,... trust me Rhino's will not fly, but then again Bill knew before the event, but wanted to test his theory anyway. LMAO

DSC_0148.jpg

d-760 on top of stealth, along with pvs and mum on alpha helmets.

760 now sits primarily on fulton 16in .308
IMG_20101031_201953.jpg

Just a couple of pics of the work toys.
I have spent a good deal of my Iraq savings program on stuff!
We'll say, money well spent (not according to the wife).

Most of this stuff is AN/PEQ2 stuff with one Atilla Vital.
I'm not sure if I have any AN/PAS-13 pictures or not.
3976940015_40cbfeff55_b.jpg

3945884716_d6b1d52914_b.jpg

Atilla Vital
3174785890_336ab02414_b.jpg

I'll see if I can find some other pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

We need pictures! haha</div></div>

Captain Huskey uses his stuff. There is never a question of IF it gets used and the appearance does not reflect use either. But eyewitness accounts (on some stuff, not all) show that his gear is used and used often. </div></div>I just wanted pictures of his setup, as I stated earlier. It has nothing to do how much he uses his stuff, just wanted some pics...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

Hhaha, I am just a poser..I still cant find the Go button ? </div></div>

Frankie,
I sent you pics of my stuff, will you post them?
jw

Savage 110, a 22 and a 14 are the same the world over. Seen one, seen them all. However, I took pics this AM and sent them to ASM-1 to post for me. Best I can do.