• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shreveport Match Date Set

Rich Emmons

just an old has been
Supporter
Minuteman
Date: September 11-12, 2010
Event: Two-day Individual Sniper Match--Rifle and pistol events
Details: 150 rifle rounds, 100 pistol
$175 entry fee, there will be a cash payback, and sponsor donated prizes, and Calcutta auction. And were working on a couple of nice raffle prize give-aways.
We are gonna limit it to 50 shooters.
I will be coming up with course design, It will be a good mix of events, you can expect alot of steel targets, a little bit of paper, UKD's, alot of multi-gun stuff, and alot of posistional and movement.

Shooters can send funds to:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Long Range Alley
Attn: Richard Emmons
2007 Hwy 5
Grand Cane, LA, 71032</span>
deposit of $100 will get you a spot

<span style="color: #FF0000"> PLEASE INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL</span>

Last years match of Terry's and Jim's was awesome,and since they said they would rather shoot the next one, I would like to keep it going and try to bring another quality match to the area and to all of us shooters that had so much fun last year.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Disregard POLL </span>

Re: Shreveport Match feeler

Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham?

I think having a pre-match shooter's bash at Superior is an outstanding idea...I might have a chance if all of you are hungover!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham?</div></div>Hey, I never took any of the trimmings home from the Bar.
wink.gif

Voted Yes: looking forward to seeing Casey and all the regulars again! And also to going to that shooting match thingy that takes place nearby during the day.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham? </div></div>

I hate to let you guys know but Superior is slated to be demo'd. The property owners have sold to a strip center development corp.

Nahhhh, just kidding. Cougars galore at new years eave.......as per usual

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham?</div></div>Hey, I never took any of the trimmings home from the Bar.
wink.gif

</div></div>

No, I am just saying, that I will need a ride and a Lawyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham? </div></div>

I hate to let you guys know but Superior is slated to be demo'd. The property owners have sold to a strip center development corp.

Nahhhh, just kidding. Cougars galore at new years eave.......as per usual</div></div>

whew.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, can you imagine the trim hanging out at the Superior Bar and Grill on New Years Eve.....its going to be hard to say no to this one.....where is Graham?</div></div>Hey, I never took any of the trimmings home from the Bar.
wink.gif
</div></div>No, I am just saying, that I will need a ride and a Lawyer.</div></div>I don't do divorce work.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or wrongfull death? </div></div>Any of the Cougars there would have mauled you. But the skinny girl with the crazy eyes would have killed you - maybe not that night, but eventually.
grin.gif

I was refering to my wife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or wrongfull death? </div></div>But the skinny girl with the crazy eyes would have killed you - maybe not that night, but eventually.
grin.gif
</div></div>

She looked on the level.

MrDeeds_2.jpg

Rich, I know this is a party killer. I was at the Cross and Clark match with some others and we had hoped to make it back. Just no way we will get a pass over the holidays.

Rich,

Had a great time at the match last year. I'd do anything to make it again this year.

However...
I'm concerned New Years won't work well for the (like me) married with children crowd. Wives won't like being left alone with the kids at New Years while we go shoot another match.
Lets have it some other weekend, so we can celebrate New Years (and meet our obligations), and then come to Shreveport a different weekend to party and shoot the match! Remember guys, Shreveport is always a party... doesn't have to be New Years!

Just my thoughts....trying to help keep us out of trouble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

Had a great time at the match last year. I'd do anything to make it again this year.

However...
I'm concerned New Years won't work well for the (like me) married with children crowd. Wives won't like being left alone with the kids at New Years while we go shoot another match.
Lets have it some other weekend, so we can celebrate New Years (and meet our obligations), and then come to Schreveport a different weekend to party and shoot the match! Remember guys, Schreveport is always a party... doesn't have to be New Years!

Just my thoughts....trying to help keep us out of trouble. </div></div>

+1. If I do come, I will bring my wife and the AR for her to shoot, and leave the kids at home with water bowls and cereal boxes and hope for the best. (*joke* for the guys with no sense of funny)

Great idea, would love to support the match but holiday weekend won't work for me.

Rich, come on the 1st? some of us have lives...I'm in but you couldn't come up with a better weekend?

Graham how are you in divorce court???

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reynolds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Graham how are you in divorce court??? Mick </div></div>LOL! I hope never to get there and find out
cry.gif

My first ever trial was a Circuit court trial. A child custody case. We won.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move it to the middle of the month. </div></div>Rich, the next weekend, 8-9 Jan, or 29-30 Jan, works best for me.

I talked to Terry at the Cup, and he said he wasn't sure if there would be another match next year. Who would be running it?

Stay posted guys. Rich and I are discussing possible Fall dates. If anyone has information about conflicts like the Fall Bash, etc., let us know.

Fort Benning 3 gun is first week of December. 3rd thru the 5th to be exact.

I plan on attending Fort Benning .... might be able to make it to LA depending on dates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

However...
Lets have it some other weekend, so we can celebrate New Years (and meet our obligations), and then come to Shreveport a different weekend to party and shoot the match! Remember guys, Shreveport is always a party... doesn't have to be New Years!

Just my thoughts....trying to help keep us out of trouble. </div></div>

What he said.

But, however it works out, thanks for taking the bull by the horns Rich.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay posted guys. Rich and I are discussing possible Fall dates. If anyone has information about conflicts like the Fall Bash, etc., let us know. </div></div>

Casey, I don't know how early in the fall you are thinking, but it might help turnout to avoid Opening Weekend of Texas Deer(Rifle)Season..... Nov.6th-7th. I know a lot of the Texas shooters are serious deer hunters.

Make it the 2nd weekend and I can probably get some of the Ga boys to come out for it.

Labor day weekend would be a no go for most of us Ga boys since we will be shooting a local match that donates all proceedes to the family of a fallen vet each year.

Rich and Casey,

Second weekend in September sounds good to me. I think I could get a few other of the "Nebraskans" down there again, may not hit the margaritas so hard this time
laugh.gif

Matt

Rich,

I'm all about shooting a match, but New Years is a bad time to try and fit it in. Too much going on with the family and friends.

How about late Jan?

Thanks,

T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">were now looking at the labor day weekend 4,5 sept. or second weekend 11,12th SEP. </div></div>

I think this would be better than on the 1st of JAN.

September 11th and 12th looks good to me.

Please, no stalk requiring a guillie suit! Last time it was a friggin' disaster, and I felt like a dork running around with a shag carpet stappled to my back.

Hey guys I started a facebook page for Long Range Alley,if you have a facebook page add it please.There is a discussion tab on the page and all discussions are welcome.This is just another way to promote and get the word out about events.You can search for it just type in Long Rnge Alley or copy and paste this link.http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Grand-Cane-LA/Long-Range-Alley-Gun-Club-LLC/124360294240818?ref=ts

I’m in who do we need to call to get on the list.

We didnt have guilies last year wrong match.
I am donating some bad ass steel targets this year . Hostages etc..

Re: Shreveport Match Date Set

No fear guys, last place is secured, I'm in. Locals please chime in on the best steak house this year.

Casey, I got your text but your mailbox is full.

I ordered a 6.5mm barrel today, but they said 18-20 weeks. Looks like I'll be throwing 175's again.

Louis just happen to have a spare 6.5 barrel in my safe will sell it for $5000 no wait time. Hell of a deal

Thanks to Casey and Rich for taking over the match this year.

I'm in....already looking forward to the match.

One question...
I was about to send Casey a check to hold my spot.
Do we send a check now for the whole $175 entry fee or is there a deposit amount we are supposed to send in to hold our spot?
No big deal either way, I was just about to send the check and wanted to make sure I sent the right amount.