• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
What holster would you want for a large auto, don't have to conceal. But would want to wear all day in a bad scenario?

Re: SHTF holster?

If you're not worried about concealing it, drop leg is hard to beat. I picked one up a few years ago at a flea market for about $25, use it when working on the farm, great for riding gator/tractor too, nothing to dig into you.

Safariland 6378 ... simple retention mechanism, fairly heavy duty, on-belt use for various belt widths with accessory or paddle use. Relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to find.

Would have to agree with Veer.

I have a Safariland ALS holster and a couple Safarilands with the plastic hoop that go over the hammer area of the pistol. The ALS is awesome for range work as there is retention and drawing is super quick and easy. For a SHTF/combat holster I would prefer the regular hoop style as it is a bit more secure and would be much more difficult to accidentally release your weapon.

For SHTF, it really doesn't matter. If you feel that the holster you use to carry now is good enough, why wouldn't it be if things go south?

Of coarse, if you don't carry, I can see the point in your question. Then you need to consider, are you going to carry open or concealed? Open? Cant go wrong with a level 2 Safariland. Concealed? Any holster will work. I have a leather, open top pancake holster with straight up or canted carry position. I also have a Kydex belt slide holster, kinda presents it a good bit, but doesnt make the binding noise you get from leather. Then I have a IWB holster from Crossbreed. Its a bit different, and is a lot more location specific for comfort. You also need to upsize your pants a bit more to accomodate the additional girth. All these are used to carry either a fullsize USP40 or USP45.

blade-tech with their new WRS system. They are very quick to deploy and is very secure. Plus the system is very modular.

I want to buy a range holster for a G21 and G20. I do carry but no way I would attempt to carry either of those concealed. I am more interested in something I can wear on an all day range trip without discomfort and be able to do run and gun with.
I don't care for leg holsters (since I don't wear a tac vest) I do like Raven, I have one for my G19 but they take so f*&king long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do like Raven, I have one for my G19 but they take so f*&king long.</div></div>
Haha true, but you also know why that is
smile.gif
... Good luck man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Safariland 6378 ... simple retention mechanism, fairly heavy duty, on-belt use for various belt widths with accessory or paddle use. Relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to find.</div></div>

+1. I have mine on a the als fork system. switch from a belt rig to on my pack in 30 seconds.

When the SHTF I am not going out looking for trouble. If I need to leave the safety of my spot for whatever reason. I will carry concealed so anyone of the holsters I have now would fit the bill. My suggestion would be find out what you personaly like IWB/OWB/Shoulder/whatever works for you and run with it. A bunch of good companies out there making stuff. Try as many of your friends rigs out and try as many others in stores that you can and you'll see what works best for you.