• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Shughart/Gordon M21 & CAR-15 Period Scope Mounts; Op. Gothic Serpent aka Black Hawk Down

natdscott

Experienced Beginner
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Good evening,

Before I proceed to listing, I want to just take a minute; it's been longer than I thought.

This past October marked 30 years since the Battle of Mogadishu, during which 1st SFOD-Delta snipers MSG Gary Gordon and SFC Randy Shugart dropped into the fight to defend the position of downed Black Hawk Super Six-Four, and the life of the pilot, CWO Mike Durant. When the dust settled, Durant made it home, and Gordy and Shugart did not; both men received posthumous, and very righteous Medals of Honor for their actions and decisions that day.

Most of us know that, but for those who didn't, well, now you do. When you can, read more MOH citations: they are like vitamins.

Anyway.

For sale today are what the title says:

The period-correct scope mount for the M14/M21 sniper rifle of the 80's and 90's, as Shughart carried. Manufactured by Brookfield Precision Tool, the 21114 mount is as good as it got for zero retention and durability on that rifle platform, and to my knowledge, Brookfield was the only company making them this way at the time.

This one is a 1994 original down to the vapor tab and staples, which I put back in. I didn't even clean up the vapor residue from the metal, so you can do it yourself, if you choose. It does wipe right off.

Along with the M21 Brookfield, I have an in-the-package new Dick Swan (inventor of the mount, and founder of ARMS) M-16/CAR-15 carry handle scope mount. This one is Colt-and-Pony marked, and the ARMS stamping is of the oldest style, pre-dating any of the engraved generations that followed. It MAY be pre-NSN, but as it is not dated, and that number is 1989, Dick was maybe the only person who would have known. I asked ARMS, but got no response. This is the correct SP-1 gray, as you'd have seen on the M-16A1 rifles that were being converted at that time, and is the most correct mount I am aware of for a true reproduction of a "Gordy" rifle. NSN 5855-01-299-7777.

I would like these to stay together, and I am asking $400 shipped for the pair, with all docs, etc.

-Nate

Last edited:
Reactions: Bravo6niner