• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SHV 4-14 F1 v Vortex g2 PST 3-15

BallisticPrimate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
I'm looking to pick up one of these to cover the role of general purpose backup optic that will spend most of its time on a rimfire.

Here in Australia they are the same price. I can't easily get hands on with them so looking for some feedback on the pros and cons of each for the role I've described.

Cheers

Have both, the NF does not have a gridded option. Just crosshairs with tick marks. The vortex does have a gridded option. If any of that matters. The NF feels stout, the Vortex feels normal. Vague I know. Glass is close with the NF winning, but not enough for me to see the cost difference here in the US. Turrets feel good on both. NF is a bit stiffer. Personally, I prefer higher power on a 22lr. For the same price I would go NF. Just because it feels better in every way, but not enough for me to be able to quantify it better.

NF pros: Feels better and glass looks clearer slightly.
NF cons: no gridded option

Vortex pros: gridded option, cheaper here by a lot.
Vortex cons: same price as NF in your area.