• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shv sunshade question

Dylanm1212

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Florida
Was able to re-aquire my old shv 4-14 x 50 ffp mil r scope after a few years of a friend storing it for me. Anyway I'm looking up sunshades for it and found most sites saying the nxs one will fit. My question is what is this knoby ring around the objective lense does it need to come off for the shade to fit? What's weird is if you google images the scope you don't even see it in the pics.

Attachments

• PXL_20210501_012624076.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210501_012624076.NIGHT.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 38
These are the Nightforce part numbers that will fit your SHV 4-14x50 F1 Scope....

Caps A-A473 for the Eye and A-A474 for the Objective
Sun Shade S-V171 3 Inches 50mm
Throw Leaver A-A289

You can also order them direct from the Nightforce store or Euro Optic and Armament Technology makes an ARD for them.

The ring will unscrew and you can just put aside since you do not have the cover that screwed into it.

Reactions: Dylanm1212
Is there a trick to getting it off the part with shv written on it is unscrewing but not the knurled end even if I grip realy hard . Unless I just need to put a strap wrench around the smooth side. I'm not one for trying to muscle things off.

It sounds like they ether cross threaded it on or wrenched it on really good. The ring with the SHV should not want to spin since the scope is sealed. You may want to try a strap wrench on the SHV ring and see if you can get the knurled ring off. If it seems that you can not get it off, you could see if the sun shade will screw into it, or send it back to Nightforce to go over and remove the ring.