• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW V.2 2019 MWWGA

M_16_4_REAL

RubiconJK
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Hello to all you shooters out there in King, Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, and Snohomish counties.
Since the old thread had pretty much died a slow death a few years ago, thought it needed a resurrection. Rather than trying to put a band-aid on that broken leg, why not just start a new group.

Members are encouraged to connect with each other, meet up at the local ranges, and generally enjoy shooting with other hide members from the area.

With this new thread, one of my thoughts/goals are to setup some long range shoots, totally casual, where seasoned guys and newer distance shooters can get a enjoy some longer range shooting.

Most of the previous hide members I’ve come into contact with have been extremely helpful in sharing knowledge, advice on improving shooting techniques and gear recommendations. When I was first getting prs shooting their advice and suggestions were very helpful, and I appreciated having people around that could answer questions for me.
So let’s give this another shot and see if we can get some hide members linked up, out shooting, and having fun.

Most of the shooters here are beyond their first guns, I hope, and at least have some idea of what to expect. For those of you that don’t or haven’t been exposed to distance shooting some of the basic gear requirements are:

Rifles, generally mid range caliber with good ballistics. Bolt guns are the standard, although gas guns can be just as accurate

Rifle scopes, most of the distances I shoot outside of the range are 300-800y. Generally I try to stay above a 10x powered scope

Ammo, most of the shooters I know handload their ammo so it’s tailored to their rifles and shooting needs. Not a necessity but it’s a huge improvement over off the shelf ammo

Additional gear, things like spotting scopes, bipods, shooting rests, shooting mats, and rangefinders all help to make a better experience with less frustration

Now, this is not a required list of gear to own, but having the right tools for the job goes a long way. When I first got into shooting, I didn’t have a lot of gear or money to spend on high dollar optics, gun upgrades, or fancy bipods. Don’t worry though, finding a good group of guys to shoot with, almost certainly guarantees most of them have the needed equipment and are willing to share. Although it is becoming increasingly more difficult to locate 300y+ legal areas to shoot in WWA, there are still a few hidden gems out, but don’t expect guys to give up their honey holes on the first date lol.

In closing, hopefully this will be a thread we can all enjoy, do some coordinated shooting together, share thoughts on guns, gear, shooting, cars, drinking, women, whatever. But please, let’s refrain from being assholes and turning this into a war zone of back and forth words. Nobody wins when that happens.

“I wish you all good fortune in the wars to come”

Last edited:
The masses have moved to FB. I don't do FB so I haven't seen anyone in years.
This used to be one of the most active threads on the hide.

I used to do local comps & I put on a few too. Search Bigwheels Steel Challenge for more on that.
I don't shoot any local comps anymore. (Long story)
I mostly do ELR shooting with a couple guys around here.
I'm a ways outside Mt Vernon.
Leaving for elk season on Friday.

I know it’s a old thread but I’m in wwa and go shooting in the area. Wwa shooters seem to be hesitant for good reasons on showing people their spots. PM me and I’ll get out and shoot I have a few spots I go and wouldn’t mind learning of some new ones.

Unfortunately that is the problem. Up where I shoot is some of the last places that I can shoot. Everyone has to come up here or cross the pass.
If you're interested in shooting with us at my spots pm me & we'll talk.