• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SI Defense, new receiver for build

sr15match

Lost........
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Wellsville, NY
Alright kids, I just picked up a new SI Defense billet lower to have as a base for several different uppers. I haven't handled it yet and won't until I'm home again in August but from the pictures my wife sent it looks to be a pretty fair piece especially for the money.

I've read the good and bad about SI Receivers but the bad always had to do with their forged items. Anyone here use their billet receivers and have an opinion?

SIDefenseLower_4.jpg

SIDefenseLower_3.jpg

SIDefenseLower_2.jpg

SIDefenseLower_5.jpg

Re: SI Defense, new receiver for build

looks like a nice piece, i like simple lowers without all the flare.

I have a set of their billet 308 receivers. Fit and finish are perfect.

Finally, many months later, a couple changes along the way and it's done(ish) for the moment. LMT 14.5" upper, ACC Blackout, KAC RAS II rail & covers, LMT irons, Magpul stock, Multicam rail/stock/grip dipped by Chris Roberts, and Patriot Brown applied by Mike Bush. I'm planning a trigger change for for now it runs like a top with a standard parts group.

PatriotBrown4.jpg

ThugAR5.jpg