• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sico 36m users and accuracy comments?

z7.jled

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hopefully some of you have picked yours up from nfa jail and are putting rounds down range,

looking for accuracy and repeatability comments for poi shift

local shop has one in stock and I’m stuck debating a tbac dominus and a 36m. 36m is significantly cheaper and allows for other purchases sooner vs spreading them out later

Mine is in jail but I'm keeping it at a range so was able to try it out a couple times so far. Took a while to get all the mounting parts though.
First time I had pistol setup ready so stuck it on the glock 17 with 9mm end cap. It was a lot of fun. I tried short and long modes. Next time I'm bringing a long mag to try in long mode for looks and balance. By the end I did have quite a bit of copper shavings in the can. No baffle strikes... I did shoot some fairly rapidly, maybe it got a little loose on threading by end, not sure what happened there and haven't tried it again.
Second time I used flash hider ASR mount on AR15 but forgot my 223 end cap so used the 9mm cap. Goes on so easily. Only shot it in long mode. Way less blowback than I expected, very negligible. After the first mag I gave it a good bare full hand grip and squeeze just to make sure it's hot enough. I can confirm it was hot. Hotter than with the pistol.
Both times I definitely had tighter groups with the suppressor on.
It was an indoor range and other people were there so no chance to test without ears. I think the sound with glock 9mm was really low though, felt like an air gun. Especially with the weight of it on pistol in long mode, it's zero kickback.
On 5.56 it was good but I didn't shoot unsuppressed that day and there was a 50cal next to me so will need to try next time to shoot with and without.
So far I love it and can't wait to bring it home.

For poi shift.
I actually didn't adjust sights for either gun when I put it on. Was hitting nice and tight and on target.

Just got mine, and I am planning on using it exclusively on my 300 BO pistol, and eventually my 9mm sig handgun. I have two other suppressors from Griffin ( Ultralight hunter and Recce 7) that I will use for my long range hunting and target rifles. That being said if I ever move to a 338 lapua the 36m will come in real handy.