• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side by side gun carrier??

RMS65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2019
I bought a Kawasaki Mule MX side by side to get around my rough, hilly and wooded property in Arkansas.
I'm looking for proven ways to carry both AR and bolt style rifles on it. I want them safe from damage and quickly accessible. Has anyone here developed something for this on their own two seat mid size SxS or quad?
Thanks

Tagging in. Was gonna build one for the Gator a while back, just haven’t gotten far with it yet

The MX is kind of a small unit. I generally recommend the Texas Hold Em racks, but that’s not going to fit in the MX. Next I would have recommended The great day overhead gun racks but Kawasaki didn't include a rear ROPES bar. Big sky makes an overhead gun rack that would probably work but you will have to drill in the ROPES system.

SBR-2-Filled.jpg

The MX is kind of a small unit. I generally recommend the Texas Hold Em racks, but that’s not going to fit in the MX. Next I would have recommended The great day overhead gun racks but Kawasaki didn't include a rear ROPES bar. Big sky makes an overhead gun rack that would probably work but you will have to drill in the ROPES system.

SBR-2-Filled.jpg
Thanks I was looking at those. I believe they make one that clamps to the outboard roll bars.

I choose the MX after road testing the bigger models from Kawasaki and Honda. My property is pretty rough and wooded and there's not a lot of room to maneuver larger units. The smaller unit will also fit under my back deck where's a bigger one wouldn't.

Reactions: kcbird
I understand what you mean. It's not a one size fits all deal, thats why they make different sizes. I have the Pro FXT model so lots of room for gun racks but the only one I have is a single gun Kholpin Rhino behind the seat. I usually don't have more than one long gun with me.

Put together these for my Teryx with square tubing, rivet nuts and Quick fist clamps. A horizontal tube is held on by the headrest bolts and uses Quick fist’s weapon mount. The vertical tube between the seats bolts to the horizontal tube on top and a bolt through the bracket where the roll bars cross on the bottom and uses a mini clamp on the barrel and a regular on the buffer tube. The 300 BO comes out in seconds in the cab and the long rifle comes out while standing on the drivers side of the bed. The guns are secure as the rubber like clamps can be cinched tight and yet the mount still has some give. They have held up well over the years in sun, dust and rocks of west Texas. I use a similar setup for carrying a shovel and loppers on the bed rails.
May not fit up exactly the same on your Mule, but might give you some ideas for something inexpensive and customized for your purposes.

IMG_1553.jpeg
IMG_1797.jpeg

Last edited: