• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side Hustles

NFAJohn

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
East Bernard, Texas
What’s everyone doing for a side hustle these days?

The wife and I have always been avid waterfowl hunters and we recently started breeding labs, it’s been a real adventure, my girls love it. We’ve got two females and hope to have two litters next year, $1,500 a pup has made it a great side hustle. Easier than cows for sure, can’t eat em tho lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3185.jpeg
    IMG_3185.jpeg
    769.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3186.jpeg
    IMG_3186.jpeg
    754.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 5DE95110-CD62-4430-BD1E-7681488A1D61.jpeg
    5DE95110-CD62-4430-BD1E-7681488A1D61.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 145

Side Hustles​

Yo dawg, you lookin to get jiggy wit it ?
Sheeeit, the pimp hand is strong mutha f'er, tain't no kinda thing no how.
Kno what I mean my nizzle ?
I wuz husslin fools since 'fore you be born nizzle.
Sheeit now, I tell you whut.

• Haha
Reactions: NFAJohn
Sheeit now, I tell you w

Sheeit now, I tell you whut.
1701403502222.gif

What’s everyone doing for a side hustle these days?

The wife and I have always been avid waterfowl hunters and we recently started breeding labs, it’s been a real adventure, my girls love it. We’ve got two females and hope to have two litters next year, $1,500 a pup has made it a great side hustle. Easier than cows for sure, can’t eat em tho lol.
I’ve got an uncle that was born Irish but raised in Korea from 10yo on and he loves a good lab on the bbq! I’m hoping to call him on his big talk one of these forth of July’s.

Side hustle right now? Honestly not a ton but some buddies local are running a tree trimming business or fixing up rental properties

You haven't done the math yet. By the time you finish feeding and vet bills I'd be impressed if you're actually making $200 a dog.

I work at work. I get people hitting me up for side jobs all the time. Hell no! I'm enjoying that time.
lol man when I worked out the profit in a mildly autistic spreadsheet I came to about 1180 dollars profit per dog after I fully depreciated the Stud and Bitch against last years P&L.

Reactions: Kadams1563
…can’t eat em tho lol.

Not with that attitude!

We raised and trained Chesapeakes for years. Problem came when you were down to the last couple and they weren't sold, and they're growing fast. We sold some at a bargain and twice gave a pup away for free. I've been told some will cull unsold dogs, but not a chance I'm doing that. The stress of unsold pups caused me to pull the plug on it a handful of years back.

Bought into a new bloodline a year ago. This pup is amazing. Might have her bred once or twice when health certifications are completed.

Reactions: Maggot and NFAJohn
lol man when I worked out the profit in a mildly autistic spreadsheet I came to about 1180 dollars profit per dog after I fully depreciated the Stud and Bitch against last years P&L.

That includes all the typical vet checks and shots for every puppy? Food? All the extra cleaning for the mess?

I have some freinds that are making a killing breeding there dogs. 6-10 pups at 1000+ each per litter. They don't cost that much to raise. I am confident they turn at least a 50 % profit.

My cousin has a full on breeding program. They have 7-8 females I believe.

That just paid for his big ass pole barn with a dog washing room and a shitload of kennels. He claims the dogs are paying the bills for that

That includes all the typical vet checks and shots for every puppy? Food? All the extra cleaning for the mess?
Yep. Not doing puppy food, weening them right now with the same salmon based dog food I feed the other dogs. Vet check at 7 weeks is going to run me 50 per puppy and we’ll administer the dewormer ourselves. Now my time messing with them isn’t factored in, but to be honest we’re talking an hour or so per day and I’m doing it with my kids. I’ll eat that expense, my 6 year old absolutely loves being outside messing with them.

We raised and trained Chesapeakes for years. Problem came when you were down to the last couple and they weren't sold, and they're growing fast. We sold some at a bargain and twice gave a pup away for free. I've been told some will cull unsold dogs, but not a chance I'm doing that. The stress of unsold pups caused me to pull the plug on it a handful of years back.

Bought into a new bloodline a year ago. This pup is amazing. Might have her bred once or twice when health certifications are completed.
I started advertising on a local hunting board and with instagram when I had confirmed breeding. I was nervous as shit I was gonna wind up sitting on a pile of pups, but it went really well and 4 were sold before they were born. Number 5 sold this week so at 4 weeks old that stressor is out of the way.

Reactions: gunman_7
Not with that attitude!

This threads about fucking dogs, not eating them.

I have thought about dumping some money and getting a couple of frenchies to breed.

Had a friend who did “high end” bully’s and pits. He made a lot but also spent a lot on them.

No more choices than breeding dogs? Limited imagination.
My gardener, who has since retired, started mowing lawns in High School. HIs objective was to pay for flight training. He never held another job. He started college, and kept on doing lawns. He had a crew that changed faces now and then, and had a new truck, a big ass custom trailer, and a ton of new equipment within a few years of starting. All paid for, cash. He finished college, (Business admin). He got the flight training, bought a plane (cash, again), and is now a flight instructor. He's about 27 now, has a cute lady, and is doing flight instruction full time. And no bills. Not bad for a part time job.

Not with that attitude!

My side hustle is a pop up Korean BBQ restaurant.

What does lab fetch a pound?

Sirhr

I recently agreed to cat sit for one of my neighbors when they are traveling.

Maybe I will try to do more of it down the road by finding more clients. I've heard some people have had great success with Rover.