• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidewinder vs Hellfire system

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
If I am going to be shooting nearly 100% suppressed, is there any advantage to one system or the other as far as just being a suppressor mount system from TBAC cans?

The sidewinder is simply the x-large version of the hellfire. For almost all suppressors, the hellfire is needed. The sidewinder is just too big to be adapted to 1.5” cans. If you're running a 338 ultra, the sidewinder is fine.

Reactions: Choid
Cool. Has TBAC ever made a statement as to whether the use of the 419 system voids any warranty etc?
I don't get the funny. Is there history here?

Cool. Has TBAC ever made a statement as to whether the use of the 419 system voids any warranty etc?
@Zak Smith would know.

I run the hellfire system with my ultra 9. I’m not to terribly worried about having to use the warranty but you’ve asked a valid question and I wouldn’t mind knowing.

Area 419 voiding anything on any product would cause an uproar. The fact that the thread pattern in just about all cans are basically a standard says no it wont. Use whatever system you want. If they didn't want you to use another system, they would have made it a uncommon thread in the business.

Thanks guys. I'd been using sidewinder on some and hellfire on others, but now I am all streamlined, which makes my OCD feel a lot better.