• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra 107 Match Kings

Slate264

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2019
    Planning to try Sierra 107 SMKs with pointed tips and Was wondering if any of you trued these bullets with G7 bc and what value did you get.
    For some reason Sierra only lists G1 number for these with .547
    Thanks

Planning to try Sierra 107 SMKs with pointed tips and Was wondering if any of you trued these bullets with G7 bc and what value did you get.
    For some reason Sierra only lists G1 number for these with .547
    Thanks

They do list banded BC info for these (assume you meant the .243 diameter).

.547 @ 2500 fps and above .542 between 1800 and 2500 fps .529 between 1600 and 1800 fps .519 @ 1600 fps and below

AB Mobile lists a G7 of .276

They do list banded BC info for these (assume you meant the .243 diameter).

.547 @ 2500 fps and above .542 between 1800 and 2500 fps .529 between 1600 and 1800 fps .519 @ 1600 fps and below

AB Mobile lists a G7 of .276
    Was curious if anyone tested these and what G7 bc they got

That will be cartridge and rifle dependent. If you look at the PDM's for it will see values around there and both higher and lower.

Reactions: Slate264
    That will be cartridge and rifle dependent. If you look at the PDM's for it will see values around there and both higher and lower.
    Thanks, I’ll check it out. PDMs give custom curve but I can play with the numbers and see what drop they get

Thanks, I’ll check it out. PDMs give custom curve but I can play with the numbers and see what drop they get
    If you select a PDM you can also select G1 or G7 besides Custom. The only draw back is rarely can you tell what cartridge was used unless it's in the PDM name. But it is useful for seeing the range of BC's others are getting.

Reactions: Slate264
    If you select a PDM you can also select G1 or G7 besides Custom. The only draw back is rarely can you tell what cartridge was used unless it's in the PDM name. But it is useful for seeing the range of BC's others are getting.
    Yeah, I just looked at it and you can select g1/g7 like you said

Good bullet. Not sure if the g7, the Sierra banded g1 from the bullet library matched up as well as I could tell so I never messed with it.
    I just thought it was weird they don’t provide a G7 for a boat tail bullet