• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra 168 "International" HPBT

trobertson5-0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
Floyd.Va.
I recently got 800 sierra 168gr HPBT from a friend. All the boxes are marked 168 INTERNATIONAL. They have the normal sierra number for the 168 HPBT (2200) and look the same as current 168s. They are obviously older from the boxes but otherwise are they the same as the current stuff?? Thanks in advance. TJR

Re: Sierra 168 "International" HPBT

good question, mine say matchking. (match 2200) If you dont get a solid answer you could always send Sierra an e-mail, i'm sure they would be all over it.

If I remember, that was the original name for that particular bullet. I think I still have some early promotional literature about the bullet being designed for a particular 600 meter match popular on the Continent.

They abandoned that for "Match King" as everyone was calling it that anyway.

Cheers... Jim

Thanks! I figured they were the same but wanted to make sure. Any idea on a date they came out? Thanks again, TJR

Looks like I was a few "clicks" off. Apparently it was developed in 1958 for a 300 meter Fee Rifle match - NOT 600. My mistake!

Cheers... Jim

I have a few boxes here and they might look similar on quick glance, but they have a wider hollow point opening. Not as wide as the 165gr GK HPBT, but a bit wider. They shoot well for me, but I'd also say that their ogive is a bit blunted relative to the 168 SMK as well, if you get down to mapping things out.

Chris