• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra 69g tmk load data questions

Jb343434

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2020
Try to find some data on these 69g tmk match kings but all I found from Sierra load data was 69g hpbt, I’m loading up some different loads with varget, ar comp, h322, h335, and w 748....the Sierra load guide is saying max varget charge is 26.1g?????? Hornady max charge with 68g hpbt is 24.9 anyone have any insight on these bullets? I’m wondering if 25.5g varget is too much for these bullets.
Ar-15 223 wylde barrel. 22in

Different places used different stuff. What you’re using is gonna be altogether different again. Start low and work up.

Different places used different stuff. What you’re using is gonna be altogether different again. Start low and work up.
I definitely plan on working up to to a max charge...looking for high pressure signs as I go. I just thought it weird seeing that big of a margin from different sources using similar bullets.

My standard load in two rifles is 25.0 gr. of Varget with the 69TMK. Been using that load for a couple of years.

My standard load in two rifles is 25.0 gr. of Varget with the 69TMK. Been using that load for a couple of years.
Thanks, I was planning on going up to 25.5 and I started checking load data from other locations and seen the 26.1 g max from Sierra and Hornady’s max 24.9g for a smaller bullet...it made me scratch my head a bit, but anyway I’ll just start at 23.8 and work up. Just curious tho what kind of velocity with 25g were you seeing?

Didn't chrono them. Shot 2-five shot groups @ 300 yards. Shot .6 & .8 MOA. 3.25 MOA ^ from 100 yard zero. This load shot well out of a Colt 24" CAR-A3 and an 18" Rainier Arms Super Match SPR barrel. My 20" WOA didn't care for them.

I would believe with 25.0 of Varget out of a 20" barrel, you should be getting 2750-2800 FPS.

The only 69 grain load I chronoed was 25.0 Grains of H-4895 W/ a 69 Nosler CC. I got an Avg. of 2986 FPS / SD-9 ES-25/ out of the 24" 1/9 Colt CAR-A3. That load is moving pretty fast.

Awesome I’ll post some numbers once I chrono the loads I’ve worked up should be interesting, and may help others with sorting out some of the confusion from the erratic load data from the manuals.