• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra HPBT .224 MK 90 gr.

Re: Sierra HPBT .224 MK

That is a special match bullet for long range competition requiring an especially fast twist barrel. Unless you have a 7 twist you can not shoot it.

Most I've used is a 77 gr and I was able to push it almost to 3k out of a 23" 8 barrel when I started getting pressure signs. I found the sweet spot for it in the mid 2600's and it shoots very well. No experience with that heavy one, though, sorry.

Single load for my M4
wink.gif

You'll need a very fast twist and you'll have to single load as it's way too long to fit an AR magazine. It's strictly for LR matches.

Thanks guys,for replying. LonewolfUSMC, What are the particulars on the loads you are running?

Anyone else for that matter, as well.

I'm just dicking around(investigateing) with them now but I hope to get serious soon. I figured this was a great place to ask before I commit.

Cheech, try some out , my previous post has the link to HSM's factory round.You'll probably get fair accuracy out to 100 yds, but not much further.

Bfoosh, Thanks for the link. Where are they located?

GCMxVEGeTa, looks like Horny's AMAX are 80gr. and BC is 453
While Sierras MK's are 90gr. and BC is 502 at higher MV's
Their site lists two Part #'s but shows no difference,????

Does anyone make a heavier .224 projectile?

Load/Shoot the Berger/JLK-Swampworks VLD's w/1:6.5/7 twist barrels for 600/800/900/1000yd work in a mouse gun.
Load/Shoot the Sierra's mid range(600 & under)