• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra Infinity 6 program

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
How come nobody really talks about the program. I use it and it works great. It only cost $19 bucks. You can figure twist rate and anything you need. You hear alot about JBM but never Seirra. Why?

Re: Sierra Infinity 6 program

JBM is available free on the Internet. Why should I pay for a program which runs on a P.C., which I then have to have shipped to me and install on the P.C.?

And Sierra is not available for handheld devices.

I still use Sierra 3. Created a few new database entries for newer bullets, plus a few customized to my loads.

Blasted goons in Redmond won't let the newer OS generate the graphs, or print.

I used the JBM before. I like Sierra more. You have a fuller program. A guy will spend $4000 on a set up rifle but wont spend $19 for a program. I do use anything on the move. So I don't worry about when I'am out shooting what does my PDA say. I should have all that figure out.

Is Sierra 3 pretty good. Can you update that program to Infinity 6?

I have Infinity 5, and they want me to Physically send it in for an exchange.

Because Sierra only works well with Sierra bullets.
If you look at the BC'S developed for the Sierra bullets they are all multiple bc's with multiple velocity boundries.
However for all other brands in the bullet library its one single BC .
For this very reason I was extreemly dissapointed in the Sierra Software.
JBM's ballistic calculators are just as accurate as Sierras sofware .
JBM's point mass program is capable of calculating multiple BC's from the bullets physical dimentions and data something that my Sierra sofware can't do.
I make my own bullets and Sierra is useless to me for modeling my custom bullets.
However JBM has saved my life with its excellent point mass program . I guess it all depends on what your needs are.

I bought the Sierra Infinity 6 before discovering the JBM site. All in all, it's an fine program. I find that the JBM is very right on with my field data, so I have been using it ever since. Besides, it's free also. I must say, I like the old format better than the new one. But, again, it's free so I can't really complain.

Yes, they want the Disc..................
The 5 series, requires the Disc be in the puter to function.............
So, downloading it is useless, unless you have a disc.

I also have infinity five suite. So you send in the disc and they give you 6?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, they want the Disc..................
The 5 series, requires the Disc be in the puter to function.............
So, downloading it is useless, unless you have a disc.</div></div>

That was my other complaint with Sierra software it is not a stand alone application. You have to insert the disk to get it to work. If the disk gets lost , stolen or damaged your program on the computer is useless .
I have begged James Brad Millard to sell me a copy of his point mass program but no luck. I guess he thinks I may try and sell the code or something like that. Which I would never do.

The 6 program you just download it to your computer and remove the disk. From there you don't need the disk unless you are going to download it to your other computer. The 6 program must be a little different.
Hell I run all the time without the disk in my computer.It works great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 6 program you just download it to your computer and remove the disk. From there you don't need the disk unless you are going to download it to your other computer. The 6 program must be a little different.
Hell I run all the time without the disk in my computer.It works great. </div></div>
Thanks thats good to know they must have listened to my complaints then.