• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra screw up?

BECKS7

Sergeant
Minuteman
GetAttachmenrtaspx.jpg

Now that says 174 grain HPBT, did they change the sticker on the 175's or something or did I get a lame batch, or did I just buy something weird?

Any info or load info on these would be great.

Re: Sierra screw up?

Well looking at the boxes in the back ground you have all .308 ammo. You should have gotten the Sierra MatchKing Bullets .30 Caliber (308 Diameter) 175 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail not the Sierra MatchKing Bullets 303 Caliber and 7.7mm Japanese (311 Diameter) 174 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hahaha I definitely did, I knew I was way to lucky to have found 8 boxes on the shelf.
Thanks a lot, boy is my face red LOL </div></div>

Yea you did.

BUT...instead of posting something like "Sierra sucks" or "Sierra tried to screw me" you took the high road just looking for info. I wish more people would take your approach.

Just sayin'............

Keith

That Hornady Match 168 should shoot good for you. I shoot a lot of it side by side with the FGGM 168 stuff could tell them apart from 100-500 yards they both grouped the same out of my LTR.

The only thing those are good for is 303Brit and 7.62x54R. No bueno for 308.

Great bullets........in the right rifle.

I'd bring them back for exchange.

Even though they're an odd ball caliber they're great bullets. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for a my Finn Mosin or my Enfield but I'm sure they'd shoot.