• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierras matchKing 220grain

Re: Sierras matchKing 220grain

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBLACKBISHOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any one have any experience with them? </div></div>

Yep. What do you want to know?

Guess I was just looking for opinions, Im still reading my guide to external ballistics, and trying to understand bc's and sd's. All the data I have read has always included the 155, 168, 175, 208 and 210, never the 220 - i was curious why it doesnt seem to be as popular.

I shot a few through my 20.5" 308 (1/12 Rem varmint bbl). I moly'd them. 48.0gr RL17 in Win brass yielded 2550 fps. I loaded them to fit in the magazine at 2.82" oal.

They were 1 moa accurate at 100 yards. took them out to a mile on rocks. at that distance I had to dial 90 moa. Stability/accuracy seemed consistent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBLACKBISHOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the data I have read has always included the 155, 168, 175, 208 and 210, never the 220 - i was curious why it doesnt seem to be as popular. </div></div>

Needs a 300WM to properly launch it.

I'd say if it's stable and accurate, it has been properly launched, regardless of the muzzle velocity..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say if it's stable and accurate, it has been properly launched, regardless of the muzzle velocity.. </div></div>

Oh, come on... I know you have WM envy...
grin.gif

John