• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierras new 30 cal 230 gr match king...

Fenix Mike

Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Tulsa, OK
While I was at Shot, I stopped by their booth just to bug them about heavier TMK bullets and they showed me the "new" design match king stuff, including a 30 cal 230 gr bullet! They completely redesigned it and stated it had a .800 G1 BC, and first shipments went out the day of the shot show!

https://www.sierrabullets.com/store/product.cfm/sn/2251/308-dia-230-gr-HPBT

Im going to have to buy a box and test them against the 225 ELDs im running now, but I imagine these things are going to be awesome!

Anyone know what the optimal freebore might be for these?

Just want to bump this one again. I’m really surprised that I don’t see a lot of talk about this bullet and it’s claimed 0.800 BC.

That high of a BC in something like a 300 Norma Magnum is pretty interesting. It’s higher than most of the solids. Has anyone verified the BC is accurate?

I also noticed that AB doesn’t have a custom drag curve for it yet so I’d love to hear when we are going to get that update for my Kestrel.

Just want to bump this one again. I’m really surprised that I don’t see a lot of talk about this bullet and it’s claimed 0.800 BC.

That high of a BC in something like a 300 Norma Magnum is pretty interesting. It’s higher than most of the solids. Has anyone verified the BC is accurate?

I also noticed that AB doesn’t have a custom drag curve for it yet so I’d love to hear when we are going to get that update for my Kestrel.

I think the reason not many people are talking about this bullet is bc most people including myself are still shooting 10 twist barrels that wont stabalize this high bc bullet. I'd have tried this bullet by now if it was a few years ago. I just don't shoot my 300 wsm s much anymore, but when I rebarrel my 300wsm bench gun i will have a 1 in 9 twist or faster krieger chambered and give the new 200 and 230 smk s a shot.

I think the reason not many people are talking about this bullet is bc most people including myself are still shooting 10 twist barrels that wont stabalize this high bc bullet. I'd have tried this bullet by now if it was a few years ago. I just don't shoot my 300 wsm s much anymore, but when I rebarrel my 300wsm bench gun i will have a 1 in 9 twist or faster krieger chambered and give the new 200 and 230 smk s a shot.

That makes sense. I have a 300 Norma Magnum in 8 twist on the way. Having trouble finding load data for it. Seems to me that this is a pretty exciting bullet for 300 Norma and I expected more people to be jumping on it.

I’ll post some results and load dev for it once it gets in and I get rounds down range.

That makes sense. I have a 300 Norma Magnum in 8 twist on the way. Having trouble finding load data for it. Seems to me that this is a pretty exciting bullet for 300 Norma and I expected more people to be jumping on it.

I’ll post some results and load dev for it once it gets in and I get rounds down range.
hey, how did these bullets run in your 300NM???