• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig 1911 FTF ???

cgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Mississippi
I was shooting with one of my in-laws while visiting in KY Sat and had the pleasure of shooting his wife's new Sig 1911. I loved the trigger pull and over all feel of the pistol but it consistantly failed to feed the last round of both factory mags every time.

Is this a mag problem or something that a little breaking in might take care of? Pistol only has about 300rds through it.

Re: Sig 1911 FTF ???

Do / did you try another mag besides the errant two that seemed to cause the problem?

It does not seem to be a break in problem to me.

FTF's all the time with mine (500 + rounds). I understand breaking in a gun but this was ridiculous. I tried all sorts of different mags, new recoil spring/s and no love. Sorry Sig, but I sold it and returned to Glocks... Not worth my life to have a pretty paper weight.

^^^^ What he said ^^^^
I replaced the factory Kimber mag with some from Nighthawk Custom. Same problem you were having and it went away for good. Get some quality mags for it. Nighthawk, Wilson Combat, or Ed Brown are all great quality.

I would guess mags too.

Side note..I was looking into the Sig 1911's a few years back and after reading I came to the conclusion that as far as Sig goes.. stick to the P series and let the 1911's to the others that have been doing them right for a long time. I really liked the look/feel but just couldn't trust them based on reviews. I love my P226 W.German and WOULD bet my life on that anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Not sure what model Sig 1911 (GSR maybe) but I remember holster selection was thin also. Like I said, it's been several years so they may have worked out the bugs but I think there are better options in the 1911 category for the same or better price..YMMV though.

The problem is that john Moses Browning has cursed any variant of his design with an external extractor.
Seriously Though I would try Wilson or mccormic mags