• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns sig 1911 target?

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
I am looking at picking one up real,real soon. What do you all thank about this model. It's listed at 1199.0 this will be my first 1911. I have fondled it some and like the way if fits my hand. It come with a light trigger, adj sights and match barrel.

Re: sig 1911 target?

I cant vouch for the target model in specific but as far as Sigs 1911's go, I have one and I love it. There is nothing bad about these guns.

I get her out of jail on the 17 th. Clean her up and will post a range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get her out of jail on the 17 th. Clean her up and will post a range report.</div></div>

Eww I remember gun purgatory when I was stationed in Cali thankfully here in AK its a same day deal.

I look forward to seeing how she shoots!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking at picking one up real,real soon. What do you all thank about this model. It's listed at 1449.0 this will be my first 1911. I have fondled it some and like the way if fits my hand. It come with a light trigger, adj sights and match barrel. </div></div>

Strongly suggest looking at the Baer's before you do. Quality is much better and you can get it checkered... something you want with the .45 auto's. 1911's "wiggle" in your hand. Checkering stops that. Hell in the old days the trigger guards on our 1911 types were squared and checkered. It works nicely, especially for quick shots and double taps.

Last time I checked that is pretty close to the price of a Baer Premier II from Crazy John at cj1911heaven.com, but it has been a while since I bought mine. Make sure you have some time when and if you give him a call. He will talk your ear off.

That has adjustable sights and match barrel. Trigger is pretty reasonable. Mine was a little gritty at first, but broke in well after 500 - 1,000 rounds.