• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig 22 LR Conversion

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
Just ordered a 22 LR conversion for my Sig 220. Anyone have any experience with these and how about some ammo suggestions?
Thanks

Re: Sig 22 LR Conversion

I bought the P-220-22, a complete gun.
Runs fine, mostly MiniMags and Fed 550 red box from WM.
A member of RFC complains that his conversion fails to return completely to battery, so he has to shove it closed with his thumb between shots.
What I'd really like to play with is a P-220-22 DAK with the threaded barrel.

I bought the Sig 220 already set up as 22 LR and it shoots great. I used the coupon enclosed in the box and ordered the 45 ACP upper for it. It shoots great also. So far the 22 has ran with everything I put thru it.

They are simple yet easy to run, I keep mine lubed up and it runs all day.

Just got my 220 22LR conversion. CCI Ammo from Wallyworld fed perfectly. Lots of fun. :cool:

I have one for my 229. Works well with mini mags & Fiocchi high velocity. Check out SigPower.com for some good mods. Especially the mag mod to go up to 15rds. They also have a threaded barrel version if you have a suppressor.