• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors sig 220 45 acp mags

mexicanmatch

dallasa1
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
lanexa,va
i picked up my new p220 today and when i went to the range i started to load the mags and holly shit the spring in them things are strong, alot stronger then anything i have encountered before. is there a way to trim the springs down? or will they soften up with time. the mags are sig 8 and 10 rounders. any suggestions? thanks

Re: sig 220 45 acp mags

Just go with it, I got a new p220 in Feb, and after you run a hundred or so rounds through it they will soften up, that or you just get used to them. But i would rather have them to stiff, that not feeding ammo.
Ubet

Oh, i had to run only 6 or 7 in mine the first few times.

Why not get a hand grip exerciser?
grin.gif

the mags will loosen.Sig is actually building better 220 mags now since they went to the 8 rounders

Stay away from the 10rndr's at least the ones with the plastic bottoms. Last i was out shooting both floor plates came loose after only a few drops on the asphalt at the range. One could be put back in place the other isn't going.
Tried contacting sig about it an have yet to hear back from'm.

No problem man, that video always makes me laugh. Be sure to watch Chopper Reid's video on airline security as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay away from the 10rndr's at least the ones with the plastic bottoms. Last i was out shooting both floor plates came loose after only a few drops on the asphalt at the range. One could be put back in place the other isn't going.
Tried contacting sig about it an have yet to hear back from'm. </div></div>

same experience for me...I have three sets of 10rd sig mag PARTS on my workbench as they are a no go...be sure to post what your results are on here, so I know which way to go myself. I sent them an email and have not heard back yet - next will be phone calls, but I'm not expecting great results.

The 8rd mags are built like a brick shit house! Awesome mags and they do break in a bit after some use, making loading them not such a pain.