• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing sig 220' in 45qcp. Any parts I need to keep on han

Cut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2002
NC
I just bought,clean,and used Sig 220 with N/S and a factory rail. Nightsites are brite and I feel it well with the tradea.

I've heard stories or certain pins and springs break are common on this gun. Any suggestions and where can I find them?

Thanks.

Cut

Re: sig 220' in 45qcp. Any parts I need to keep on han

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard stories or certain pins and springs break are common on this gun. Any suggestions and where can I find them?

Cut </div></div>

Over the years I owned 4 Sig 45's (still got 2 of them). Never had any probles with breaking parts, so I guess I got lucky!?! I bet you forget where you keep those extra parts before you need them.
wink.gif

Re: sig 220' in 45qcp. Any parts I need to keep on han

The two big things that always used to break at my agency were the (and I'm not a Sig Armorer so I'll probably get the terms wrong) Breech Block and the Breech Block Pin. On the stamped slide Sigs, (most of the older ones till the 229 series came along) the breech face is a separate piece of metal held in place by a roll pin through the slide. The roll pin commonly fails and when it does it can allow the block to crack. This is one most folks don't know unless they detail strip the slide. When you do you find the pin broken and sometimes cracks in the block.