• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig 220 shooting low

M855

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
East TN
Picked up a used 220 with nite sites the front is a #6, rear is a #8, I shot at 11 yds it was shooting 4-5 inches low,when I raised the front site all the way out of the rear site picture it shot ok,I also shot a target at 6 yds using a normal site picture ( glock or 1911) I was able to shoot out the bullseye of the target,I used two different brands of 230gr ammo, are the sites the correct ones,barrel shot out ?

Re: Sig 220 shooting low

I would sandbag it and do some dry fires. Then set a target at 15 yards, and break clean shots. See what happens. You could have a wrong height front sight. The barrel will not be shot out. I have seen 45ACP barrels go 50K+ with no signs of quiting. Good luck, JPG

Here is an idea of what the different SIG sights will change(bottom of the document)

sig

I realize this is from another forum, so not gospel, but hopefully a guide to help you!?!???

xd forum

Good luck!! I know how frustrating that is!!!

-G45

Thanks for the info guys,if it matters any this 220 was made in 94 or 95,had a freind with me who isnt new to shooting and he had the same outcome as me with bullet impact

Nope, that doesn't matter. Just makes your gun perhaps stamped in a cool way by reading "Made in W. Germany" that's just cool there!!
smile.gif

Your sight radius is similar on most any Sig P220(distance from front to rear sight) and since you're shooting the same chunk of lead, it doesn't matter from that perspective.

Best of luck!

-G45

My guess would be anticipating the recoil... 11 yards isn't very far & I can't imagine any pistol sights being that far off, especially not Sigs.

Im not a new shooter,I can outshoot the 220 with a 2inch j frame smith,I also have several 10mm`s so recoil isnt a problem,Ive read on other websites that others have had problems with sigs shooting high or low

That low at 11 yards is alot, not sure what the issue is. My P220 has #8's both front and rear, shoots where you aim it. Manufacture date is 1986.

Rob Opp

Huh, that's pretty surprising. I wouldn't have guessed that you could get a pistol to shoot that far off (without doing something really off the wall). I don't know, brother, good luck getting to the bottom of this.