• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig 220 Trigger Reset Problem

D.A.T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
Sig 220 with SRT trigger. This is the new style. My DA works great but sometimes the trigger will not reset (it has travel but will not reset) Somtimes it resets and it is much longer then it should be and sometimes it will not reset at all. A tap rack roll fixes the problem. It has to be somthing with the trigger bar but I cannot replicate it.

Any ideas?

Re: Sig 220 Trigger Reset Problem

Is the gun brand new? If so, clean the crap out it. Ive seen this problem with a berretta and a sig.. Both had some sort of grease gumming up the trigger.

Sometimes its a simple fix, if not it may have to go in.

It is less then a year old. It does it even when its completly cleaned

cant help you, but i had a brand new srt trigger fail on my 239 also. I had to send it in and got it back pretty quickly

Next time it happens look at the slide, my best guess is that it is out of battery due one of several reasons. The tap rack is moving it back into battery. Sigs like to run wet so make sure the rails on slide and frame are wet. It may also be the way you are shooting (breaking your wrist) but I doubt that...MHO

It is not a lube problem...and it is fully in battery.....

Might check the sear. When I ordered mine it came with a replacement sear specifically for the short reset trigger (P229). If you don't replace it, the original sear will sometimes not engage.

The SRT was done at the factory. Any idea the differences in looks?

These are the P229 parts...sorry it's the best I could do.
sigsear.png

I believe the 220 also has to replace the decocking lever, but don't hold me to that.

Another thing to check is the reset spring. If it's installed incorrectly, or broken, it won't reset properly. The first time I installed a SRT I put the reset spring in on the wrong side of the hammer pin, and, the trigger reset was goofy. Not always, but most of the time. I replaced the reset spring, in the correct location, and all was good.

You can check to see if it's in place by looking through the slot under the hammer. In the photo, in the slot toward the bottom of the hammer, you can see the spring is over the pin. If not, it's in wrong or broken.

ResetSpring.jpg

The 220 does have a new decocker with the Kit. When I installed mine it took a while to figure out what/where the new safety lever went :) Kept looking at the piece trying to figure out WTF it was...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I believe the 220 also has to replace the decocking lever, but don't hold me to that.

</div></div>

You are correct, a Sig Armorer friend of mine ordered the parts and updated my 220 Stainless the other night. The decocking lever gets replaced as well.

Check this out. Not sure if it is the same issue, but it's something to check.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kijN9i7JcB0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kijN9i7JcB0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The SRT trigger problem is easily checked...
Look on the side of your slide...if it it says Sig, theres the problem.
Sig's quality has gone down over the years, if its W German its decent. Otherwise check above for tips make sure all is cleaned an lubed as well.

Send it back to Sig to fix. They or your dealer should pay for shipping.

Every manufacturer has a problem with their guns at some point. I've had problems with my glock & HK but never had problems with any of my 4 Sigs. That doesn't mean anything by itself

Sig fixes their problems and does it quickly and right, that is what matters.