• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sig 2400 abs help

afv338

anthony
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
pa
i bought this unit and cannot get it to give me the right come ups. i put every thing it asks for and it will not give me the right come ups. if i enter a muzzle velocity 3150 the scope hight 2 in, a g1 bc for the bullet 1 in 8 twist, with 100 yd zero the mv temp at 50 with the velocity 3150 the day i sighted it in. if i range 100 yds it tells me to go up half moa. does anyone have any ideas what i may be doing wrong.

Not a genius here but after I make changes on the I phone to the app I have to remember to link and update the range finder to the new inputs.
At longer range I have to do some velocity or BC changes to make it match my actual dope.
I also recommend a G7 bc for more accurate pre transonic data.

thanks for the reply's i was out west hunting, i never shot the load other that the one day it was 50 degrees wrote the dope down every 100 yds out to 700. its a gap 6.5 mag 4s and i was shooting a 140 lapua senar. i did shoot a nice 10pt at 539 with it just ranged it and used the dope i had. i have more time to play with it now. i did get it close to the dope i had by changing velocity inputs and bc's but didn't trust it as i could not get it to line up to what i had.

My experience with the kilo has taught me that it gets you close, but as distances get farther, there is no substitute for actually shooting your rifle at those distances and utilizing the data to create a card. Mysteriously, my AB phone app is almost always "on" and much more accurate than my Kilo, especially past about 800 yards. For whatever reason as distances increase I have to subtract a couple tenths out of the solution the Kilo gives me and as distances get greater it usually ends up being around .5MIL.

i agree with the get your dope, i liked the unit for hunting as its small, light, and fits my alaska guide bino pack. it would be nice to get it to line up to about 800 yds as that would be about my limit on a deer sized animal if the wind was decent and thats if you can get a reading that far on fur. i tried it a lot on deer out to 600 while i was out their hunting and it did seem to work fairly well.

im up for other options a have a original terrapin and have been thinking about selling it and getting a terrapin x and a new kestral but dont know if i want to carry it and also trying the leica with ballistics.

Has anyone on here actually got the sig to give outputs that actually match their dope out past 1000 yards? Whether it be messing with the bc or the velocity or whatever? Is there a way to true the sig so it will work reliably with your load?