• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig 2400 BDX LRF & Garmin 701 Info

fmjfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
If anybody has a Sig 2400 BDX LRF & Garmin 701, could they confirm something for me please.
I have them both, when I am in ABU mode on the Sig and ping a distance I get the drops in the LRF and in the App on my phone.
If I am in ABE mode and connected to the Garmin 701 I get the range and drops on the 701, but only the range in the 2400 but no drops.
Should I be getting the drops on the LRF screen as well?
I thought I used to, but I just had the LRF replaced under warranty and it does not show?
Or am I imagining that I used to get them?

cheers
Mark

Nobody, has that combination and can check for me?
I thought there were loads of members using both?
Cheers
Mark

Update
Got a answer from Sig after a week, they say Garmin and Sig did an update at the same time.
Screwed things up
Been told to wait for a update from one of the?
They knew it was a issue

I updated the 3000BDX's i am using and now I am having this same problem... sigh.

I updated the 3000BDX's i am using and now I am having this same problem... sigh.
Hi Mk32784,
Did you ever get this problem solved?
I still cannot get it to work.
I wish I never bought the Sig, customer support is non existant if you dont live in the states.

Hi Mk32784,
Did you ever get this problem solved?
I still cannot get it to work.
I wish I never bought the Sig, customer support is non existant if you dont live in the states.

Ha funny story.... my 3000BDXs got knocked over and destroyed...... then my 701 bricked it self.......... (in the same week.........). amazing customer service at both companies meant I got free replacements for both.

Took them out of the box updated and now they all work with dope displaying in the HUD. Go figure....

An update is in the works.
Hi Doc,
Had a reply from Sig, they blame Garmin, and say its up to them to sort out a firmware fix.
I have had no reply from Garmin.
If it ever does get fixed, I will Never update the firmware on either device again.
Fed up with companies beta testing on their customers.

Hi Doc,
Had a reply from Sig, they blame Garmin, and say its up to them to sort out a firmware fix.
If it ever does get fixed, I will Never update the firmware on either device again.
Garmin sucks I updated a hand held GPS one time and it caused an issue to where I lost the preloaded base TOPO map they told me if I wanted to reinstall the preloaded TOPO map I had to buy another copy of it......I was like WTF I only lost it because of yalls "update" they didn't give a shit, but I guess when you don't have a lot of comp in the hand held GPS market you can be that way.

Hi Doc,

I can assure you, no one is trying to beta test on customers in this instance. This issue was solved months ago looking through the logs. I have also done some field testing this week and not had any issues with Garmin and Sig devices communicating. A firmware update is being field tested this week which is working flawlessly and will get some live range testing this weekend. It should already be available to y'all this morning if not very soon.

Garmin sucks I updated a hand held GPS one time and it caused an issue to where I lost the preloaded base TOPO map they told me if I wanted to reinstall the preloaded TOPO map I had to buy another copy of it......I was like WTF I only lost it because of yalls "update" they didn't give a shit, but I guess when you don't have a lot of comp in the hand held GPS market you can be that way.

I have shared your concern with Garmin. I can say this has not been my experience over decades of use. Everything from G1000 and other avionics to land navigation tools have been nothing less than reliable tools for me. I will get in touch with them and let them know of your concerns.

Reactions: Diesel&dust
Doc reached out to me about this thread.

He is correct that this should have been resolved months ago. We've tested both 2400 BDX and 3000 BDX with the latest firmware from both companies and have not encountered any issues. Garmin released a new Foretrex 701 update this morning, but it has nothing to do with this. It's an update to the latest bullet library.

If you're still having issues with the latest firmware on both devices, please contact our Product Support. This is absolutely not the experience we want our customers to have and we'll be happy to work with you to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Just to be extra sure, I did some testing this morning with the latest FW for both devices. Double checked the FW was the newest, and the devices worked flawlessly together.
Hi Doc
Will we get notifications on the Firmware releases?
Is it for one or both companies?
Cheers

Hi Doc
Will we get notifications on the Firmware releases?
Is it for one or both companies?
Cheers

This is for Garmin, and the 701. This update is already released, so if you have your 701 connected to the app on your phone you should see something. If you have Garmin Express installed on your computer it should also notify you of an update. Without needing to connect to it first. Just make sure it's running.

For the Sig Device you will need to connect it to the BDX app and it will pop up letting you know if you need to update the firmware.

This is for Garmin, and the 701. This update is already released, so if you have your 701 connected to the app on your phone you should see something. If you have Garmin Express installed on your computer it should also notify you of an update. Without needing to connect to it first. Just make sure it's running.

For the Sig Device you will need to connect it to the BDX app and it will pop up letting you know if you need to update the firmware.
Hi Doc,
Just updated the 701.
The Sig 2400 BDX was upto date.
Rebooted both, still the same problem.
I see on the 701 connect page it now has a listing for Vectronix, does this mean there is support for them?
If so I will get rid of the sig and get a Vectronix...if that works?

I'm the Product Manager for the Garmin Foretrex 701. Doc reached out to me about this thread.

He is correct that this should have been resolved months ago. We've tested both 2400 BDX and 3000 BDX with the latest firmware from both companies and have not encountered any issues. Garmin released a new Foretrex 701 update this morning, but it has nothing to do with this. It's an update to the latest bullet library.

If you're still having issues with the latest firmware on both devices, please contact our Product Support. This is absolutely not the experience we want our customers to have and we'll be happy to work with you to resolve the issue.
Hi glassg,
I'm based in the UK, who should I contact you in the states or someone in UK/Europe.
Not had a great experience with the UK yet.
Cheers
Mark

Okay update,
I did a reset on the 701, not the one in the manual which is a "soft" reset but a harder one that a guy from Garmin UK said to try months ago.
It kept all the profiles? Not sure way would have thought it would have wiped them?
However after that it now works as advertised.
Just hope I dont have to do it every time I go to use them.
Now they are working no more updates for me!!!
Thanks for Docs help.

Last edited:
Okay update,
I did a reset on the 701, not the one in the manual which is a "soft" reset but a harder one that a guy from Garmin UK said to try months ago.
It kept all the profiles? Not sure way would have thought it would have wiped them?
However after that it now works as advertised.
Just hope I dont have to do it every time I go to use them.
Now they are working no more updates for me!!!
Thanks for Docs help.

This shouldn't be necessary or normal.