• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Thinking of getting a SIG 365 X Macro. Like the high capacity and small size for AIWB carry.

I like the grip much better than the other versions of the 365. Only thing I might change about it is to remove the comp. Probably doesn't do a ton and I'd imagine it directs the flash in your face - not ideal for concealed carry.

I like the Glock 43x a lot, but for almost double the capacity I think I'll take the SIG.

Anything else out there worth considering in this category?

Any feedback on the gun?

Thanks!

Reactions: 30calDeath
BUY IT! I own one and a 43x and its a better gun

I have a 365XL that I tested with and without a comp. Noticeable difference. Comps are definitely effective.

I don't know about the XMacro specifically but based on my XL I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

I posted this in your G43 thread last month, but here you go

I might be able to add a little info here for you. I own and carry a 43x, 365XL, and 365 Macro - here are my impressions in a nutshell:

43x: I used to carry this daily AIWB with stock 10rd mags when I wanted a light slim pistol. No optics. The MOS system with a plate and RMRcc just sits too high. I'm actually not a fan of the MOS system but that's another discussion. I didn't like the Shield mags for it and haven't done anything aftermarket. It's reliable, easy to shoot, and easy to wear due to the 10rd capacity. Extra rounds get heavy.

365XL: I love the trigger on this, but never really got comfortable with the grip angle and the grip width (I have large hands). I put Magguts springs and baseplates on the mags so they are 14rds and these have been 100% reliable. I mounted a 507K to it and have been very happy with if for many many rounds. A while back I picked up the Wilson Combat grip module and it was dramatically better. Love the way it feels in the hand and the way it shoots. I thought I was done and had found my EDC.

365 Macro: Then I found one of these. The integral comp really does make it a flat shooting pistol and it's very comfortable in the hand. More comfortable to wear than the G19 (too thick for EDC carry IMHO). The grip is a nice width and angle, but with 17+1 its a little long and prints in light shirts. Thank you SIG for making these modular....In a stroke of genius, I put the Macro slide on the Wilson grip module and it was as if the clouds parted and angels sang. It's light, flat shooting, thick enough for my mitts but not too thick, and carries like a dream. I've got 14+1 and it's been 100% reliable.

The only issue I run into now is holsters. Some index off the slide and some index off the trigger guard so it's been hit and miss to find a couple that fit my franken-gun but I've got that sorted out now. See below.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2258.jpg
    IMG_2258.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
Any advice on holsters, lights, red dot, extra mags?

How about mods? ...different grips, trigger. I really like the looks of the Wilson grip. Is it much thicker/bigger?

How about mods done by Wilson? Any that are worth it?

I'll probably be getting one, unless some of you can talk me out of it 😐

I have a 365XL that I tested with and without a comp. Noticeable difference. Comps are definitely effective.

I don't know about the XMacro specifically but based on my XL I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
How is the flash with the comp?

How is the flash with the comp?
I am not an expert, but my general feeling is that comps do nothing to increase or decrease flash. Flash is primarily a function of ammo, not the comp. If anything the comp will direct muzzle blast in a particular direction, or directions thus dissapating the flash a bit.

I would also say that in most lighting conditions it will go unnoticed. If you are in a pitch black environment, or possibly under night vision I could possibly be persuaded to have a different opinion (in those situations). But in general, especially for regular conceal carry it might consist of .2% of things to worry about should you need to use your gun in that situation.

Reactions: treillw
Any advice on holsters, lights, red dot, extra mags?
Yes. You will definitely want a light. Before I never carried a light. Now I will never carry without one. It's just too valuable of a tool. Even if you don't know why or how, buy a couple of quality lights that have nothing to do with carrying a pistol. In my opinion a light is one of the most valuable and used tools that I EDC. I carry no less than two decent lights with me 24/7, three if you count the weapon light.

It's important to have a seperate light because if you need to help change a tire or look for a lost set of keys you should not unholster your weapon for something like that, especially when you can point it at someone that doesn't need it pointed at them.

As far as weapons lights go that too is a non negotiable thing now for me. I am still learning a lot and recently I acquired a 22 pistol that I put a light and a suppressor on. I can shoot that all night without alarming the neighbors, and hence I can practice and learn a lot more low light stuff.

Learning how to properly use a light is a whole other can of worms. It is in my opinion one of the highest priorities outside of just safe weapons handling and proper shooting techniques.

As for modding out a carry gun, I would keep it limited. I DID mod mine a little (I put in a new trigger and springs), but if you mess with the internals be ready to shoot it A LOT to test it. I put no less than one thousand rounds through mine (post mod) to ensure proper function. If it's something like a different grip module, still test it, but if you mess with the insides, test it A LOT.

I am also now a huge fan of red dots. That for me, now is also a requirement, or at least a really strong preference.

For me any carry gun needs to also be 'shootable'. By that I mean if you are going to the range with friends for a fun day out your carry gun should be something that you are eager to shoot. Getting a tiny gun with a six round mag that is uncomfortable to shoot means you typically won't shoot that gun, at least not enough to get decent with it. For me, so far the XL is small enough to carry without feeling like I have a boat anchor attached to my belt, but it's also fine for going out and shooting a couple hundred rounds with for fun.

Yes. You will definitely want a light. Before I never carried a light. Now I will never carry without one. It's just too valuable of a tool. Even if you don't know why or how, buy a couple of quality lights that have nothing to do with carrying a pistol. In my opinion a light is one of the most valuable and used tools that I EDC. I carry no less than two decent lights with me 24/7, three if you count the weapon light.

It's important to have a seperate light because if you need to help change a tire or look for a lost set of keys you should not unholster your weapon for something like that, especially when you can point it at someone that doesn't need it pointed at them.

As far as weapons lights go that too is a non negotiable thing now for me. I am still learning a lot and recently I acquired a 22 pistol that I put a light and a suppressor on. I can shoot that all night without alarming the neighbors, and hence I can practice and learn a lot more low light stuff.

Learning how to properly use a light is a whole other can of worms. It is in my opinion one of the highest priorities outside of just safe weapons handling and proper shooting techniques.

As for modding out a carry gun, I would keep it limited. I DID mod mine a little (I put in a new trigger and springs), but if you mess with the internals be ready to shoot it A LOT to test it. I put no less than one thousand rounds through mine (post mod) to ensure proper function. If it's something like a different grip module, still test it, but if you mess with the insides, test it A LOT.

I am also now a huge fan of red dots. That for me, now is also a requirement, or at least a really strong preference.

For me any carry gun needs to also be 'shootable'. By that I mean if you are going to the range with friends for a fun day out your carry gun should be something that you are eager to shoot. Getting a tiny gun with a six round mag that is uncomfortable to shoot means you typically won't shoot that gun, at least not enough to get decent with it. For me, so far the XL is small enough to carry without feeling like I have a boat anchor attached to my belt, but it's also fine for going out and shooting a couple hundred rounds with for fun.
Yeah, I definitely am in the light and red dot camp. Have an x400 on a fnx and an x300 and rmr on G20. Don't know what the best options are for the macro - another research project.

I like mine. Only a few mags through it so far, but it shoots crazy flat with the integral “comp”. Much more so than I expected.
08C0979E-F3E5-4B63-A53D-264F849E2C7F.jpeg

As stated above, the grip is a little long for AIWB under a light t-shirt, but with an XL grip module it’s perfect. Add a MagGuts spring kit for 12rd magazines and you get 14+1 with the XL grip for the summer, and you can carry the Macro grip/17+1 in the winter. That’s my plan, and seems to be the best of both worlds.

If you’re hesitant about the comp, or want the extra barrel length/sight radius (I don’t think it changes enough to matter, but some people worry themselves sick about expansion velocity) just buy a P365XL, a Macro grip module and two Macro mags and you’re set.
Assorted P365 grip modules and mags come up for sale on ARFcom a few times a month if you want to save a few bucks. In the last two months I accrued a full set of grip modules and mags, and can now set up any grip frame size/mag combo I want to carry with my Macro.

Put spacers under your claws on your appendix holsters to get them further off the holster, your pants/belt put more pressure on the claw and tucks the grip better. And you can use whatever you want for spacers, cheap washers will work fine and really let you fine tune it by simply stacking more or less.

I carry p320s with the 21 round mags without printing in whatever shirt you want. 34" waist, 6'1 about 180lbs.

Now you don't need to go 21rd crazy, but it should mean the 17rd is absolutely no issue unless you are tiny and it's a really tiny waist issue.

Any issues with running lead projectiles for practice out of the macro?

Had I been in the market when the 365Macro was released I'd probably be a buyer but I've had a standard 365 for a minute and just opted to modify it as I saw fit and have been happy with it. The Wilson Combat grip module was a game changer especially with the tungsten weights inside, those alone added about 2oz if I remember correctly.

Don't mind the can, I just had to see how goofy it looked :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
327017471_3877960569097154_1492924131105936350_n.jpg

What defense ammo are you guys using? What grain?

Currently eyeing some Speer Gold Dots. Not sure if I should go with the G2 or the short barrel.

Thinking of getting a SIG 365 X Macro. Like the high capacity and small size for AIWB carry.

I like the grip much better than the other versions of the 365. Only thing I might change about it is to remove the comp. Probably doesn't do a ton and I'd imagine it directs the flash in your face - not ideal for concealed carry.

I like the Glock 43x a lot, but for almost double the capacity I think I'll take the SIG.

Anything else out there worth considering in this category?

Any feedback on the gun?

Thanks!

The good news is that the P365 line (just like the P320 line) is pretty much a plug and play, build what you want with it.

If you like the X-macro and like having the porting for target shooting, but also want the option of not having porting, all you need to do is swap out the barrel with the standard P365XL barrel and done, the barrel will go all the way to the end of the slide so the porting won't be active.
Then when you want the porting swap back over.

Or if you never want the porting but want the longer grip, get a P365XL and then spend the $79 to get the X-macro grip frame and now you have an x-macro but without the porting.

If you really get into it, I would highly recommend the Aluminium Icarius grip module that Sig sells on their website. (The XL version is what I recommend), it makes the pistol into something really nice.

What defense ammo are you guys using? What grain?

Currently eyeing some Speer Gold Dots. Not sure if I should go with the G2 or the short barrel.
I use Federal HST 147 JHP.
The good news is that the P365 line (just like the P320 line) is pretty much a plug and play, build what you want with it.

If you like the X-macro and like having the porting for target shooting, but also want the option of not having porting, all you need to do is swap out the barrel with the standard P365XL barrel and done, the barrel will go all the way to the end of the slide so the porting won't be active.
Then when you want the porting swap back over.

Or if you never want the porting but want the longer grip, get a P365XL and then spend the $79 to get the X-macro grip frame and now you have an x-macro but without the porting.

If you really get into it, I would highly recommend the Aluminium Icarius grip module that Sig sells on their website. (The XL version is what I recommend), it makes the pistol into something really nice.
I was under the impression that the XL barrel will not fit the Macro? Have you actually done it. This is with limited research on my part, I admit. I would be interested in a longer, threaded barrel if true.

I use Federal HST 147 JHP.

I was under the impression that the XL barrel will not fit the Macro? Have you actually done it. This is with limited research on my part, I admit. I would be interested in a longer, threaded barrel if true.

The P365X-Macro uses by default the P365 barrel, but the slide length is the P365XL slide length.

I haven't personally swapped them around in the X-Macro one as I essentially built the X-Macro up with a non-ported slide and manual safety from a P365XL

Sig doesn't sell a factory threaded barrel for those currently, so I used an aftermarket one.

I can confirm the standard 365 barrel fits in the Macro and vise versa.
To clarify; the 365 barrel, or 365XL barrel? I was told that the 365XL barrel will not fit the Macro slide because you have to use the shorter 365 recoil spring assembly. The Macro uses the same barrel as the regular 365 from the factory.

To clarify; the 365 barrel, or 365XL barrel? I was told that the 365XL barrel will not fit the Macro slide because you have to use the shorter 365 recoil spring assembly. The Macro uses the same barrel as the regular 365 from the factory.

The P365X-Macro uses the P365XL recoil spring assembly because the slide is the same overall length.

The recoil spring assembly can be swapped easily as well, it's like a $40 part
When changing slide lengths you often have to swap it out if you are going from one barrel / slide size to another.

Earlier discussion had me thinking...

Well, went to my local gun store as they have a good variety of non-fudd stuff. Tried a threaded and non-threaded 365XL barrel (both factory and aftermarket) in my Macro. It does not fit.

Ymmv.

Well, went to my local gun store as they have a good variety of non-fudd stuff. Tried a threaded and non-threaded 365XL barrel (both factory and aftermarket) in my Macro. It does not fit.

Ymmv.

Where did it specifically not fit?

The P365X-Macro uses the P365XL recoil spring assembly because the slide is the same overall length.

The recoil spring assembly can be swapped easily as well, it's like a $40 part
When changing slide lengths you often have to swap it out if you are going from one barrel / slide size to another.
I thought the integral comp would take up the space of the 365XL spring. Didn’t realize the comp only takes up the barrel space and not the entire slide volume. Thanks!

Ymmv.
This is what I thought I had read on ARFcom.

Went from a 365x to the x macro. Biggest upside is the flush fit on the 17 round mags vs the extended base 15 rounders I was running on the 365x.

I bought an XL grip module for my P365 X-Macro and loved the grip length concealability and 12+1rd capacity for summer carry, but absolutely hated the humpback/rounded grip style. It pointed unnaturally and was generally uncomfortable for me to shoot. I decided to buy a second Macro grip module and chop it to XL length.

Added benefits; no need to buy different holsters or a different WML for the stupid proprietary Sig rail on the XL module. Took me about an hour and a half working carefully with assorted files after the initial chop on my miter saw. Highly recommend to anyone with a P365 who wants an XL grip length.

I present, the summer carry homemade P365XL-Macro
A953108A-B245-4CC8-9157-852CADB8F3CC.jpeg

and the winter carry full size Macro grip;
53779E9E-18F7-4B2F-A823-D91FC09CB42D.jpeg

Anyone pay up for a Icarus grip module? Looks fantastic.

There are 2 versions, the P365 one (which also works for the P365XL slide) and the P365XL only one.

They cost almost as much as the base gun, BUT they change the pistol into something completely different, you feel like you have an old classic SIG pistol in your hands. It makes the whole gun feel solid and weighty and like a good old classic metal beast.
Also the finger cuts, grip groves and thumb rests are really nice for shooting more accurately.

Personally I prefer the one for the P365XL because of the way the large back beaver tail is and the slightly more rounded back grip, but others might prefer the ergonomics of the first one.

Just note that you'll need new holsters for it.

As a note, by default it's only for the standard FCU I only run the Manual Safety FCUs, so on both the frames I got, we had to do a bit of milling to make the Manual Safety FCU fit in, but it worked well and looked great when done.

Reactions: Craqas
There are 2 versions, the P365 one (which also works for the P365XL slide) and the P365XL only one.

They cost almost as much as the base gun, BUT they change the pistol into something completely different, you feel like you have an old classic SIG pistol in your hands. It makes the whole gun feel solid and weighty and like a good old classic metal beast.
Also the finger cuts, grip groves and thumb rests are really nice for shooting more accurately.

Personally I prefer the one for the P365XL because of the way the large back beaver tail is and the slightly more rounded back grip, but others might prefer the ergonomics of the first one.

Just note that you'll need new holsters for it.

As a note, by default it's only for the standard FCU I only run the Manual Safety FCUs, so on both the frames I got, we had to do a bit of milling to make the Manual Safety FCU fit in, but it worked well and looked great when done.
Need pics ;)

I bought an XL grip module for my P365 X-Macro and loved the grip length concealability and 12+1rd capacity for summer carry, but absolutely hated the humpback/rounded grip style. It pointed unnaturally and was generally uncomfortable for me to shoot. I decided to buy a second Macro grip module and chop it to XL length.

Added benefits; no need to buy different holsters or a different WML for the stupid proprietary Sig rail on the XL module. Took me about an hour and a half working carefully with assorted files after the initial chop on my miter saw. Highly recommend to anyone with a P365 who wants an XL grip length.

I present, the summer carry homemade P365XL-Macro
View attachment 8084015
and the winter carry full size Macro grip;
View attachment 8084017
Looks great! I may do the same!

Reactions: Anb618
I daily a 365x it’s one of my favorite pistols. I have short thick fingers with large palms so most pistols don’t fit me well but the 365s do. I think I’m going to pick up a tacops when they become available, that interests me more then the regular macro.