• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG AB Truing function

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Hoping maybe Doc can give me some answers but if anyone else has any ideas please chime in.
    So I was able to get out yesterday and did some testing @ 922 yds. I was verifying my 230 Hybrid, and 225 ELDM loads and truing my various software to my newly rebarreled 300WM. FFS was right on right out of the gate. 4DOF needed a little tweak, as did AB, Streloc and Trasol. Now to the real question of the post.
    I tried to use the truing function on the SIG AB app on my droid, and after hitting the range, setting up all the other inputs I entered the range, and actual DOPE, and hit RUN. My phone bleeped when I clicked the RUN icon but nothing happened. It wouldn't run the correction. I tried everything shy of uninstalling, and reinstalling as I was in the hills. I have had no luck getting the truing function to work since I 1st bought it. Last time It seemed to run the correction but its output after doing so was WAY OFF, and I mean by ALOT... Now it wouldn't even run it.
    Any ideas what I'm/It's doing wrong?
    Thanks.

Did you have a connection between the phone and the unit? It will not let you true or calibrate the MV if the there is no Bluetooth connection to the unit. Also after it does calibrate a new MV if you don’t hit save at the end it goes back to the old MV. The way the app flows it’s easy to overlook that I have done it a few times. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Ok I uninstalled & reinstalled it this morning & reentered my profiles. I'll see what happens next time.
    While fiddling with the environmental inputs I found that it still won't let me enter my known temp etc. The cursor would not move to the right side so I could change it.

Ok I see it now. Didn't know that was an icon to do that. Thanks.
    Any ideas on why it wouldn't run the calibration of my DOPE? Or why it entered some crazy stuff when I did get it to RUN?
    I have reinstalled the app and will be trying again this weekend.
    Thanks Doc.

Success! I was finally able to get it synced with my actual dope. I discovered that the app does not update the MV when I clicked the icon to do so. I briefly saw a pop up that told me to do it manually. But I also had to manually change the temp/velocity table as well. PITA but now I know what I have to do & it works.

I was in the field & was shooting @ 922yds. I think I was missing the little popup @ the bottom of the screen. It popped up when I pushed the icon to use the calculated MV. I had to manually change the MV in the gun profile & in the temp/MV table then sync the profile. So I think the icon to change the MV only works if there is no temp/MV data entered. Once I changed both & syncd the profile I switched to another profile & back again then it worked. PITA. I think it would be nice if the app would change the MV in both tables when you push the icon. Would be much easier.