• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SIG Alpha2 one piece mounts?

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA

Anyone used any of these? Thought it might be an inexpensive option for a couple lower end builds. The interesting statement I saw on their description was: "Our proprietary steel alloy ALPHA2 Scope Mounts are machined with an exactness that is both strong yet ductile that allows our rings to form around a riflescope, yet will not damage scope under proper installation." It also says the mount is Aluminum, but it mentions Steel rings, so perhaps just the top cap is steel and the body is aluminum.

That kind of sounds like what it seems my Warne X-SKEL mounts used to do, before I stopped using them. They always seemed like the top caps were formed a bit "tight" and as you tighten them they "formed" to the scope tube. Never had one slip, but they were a pain in the ass to tighten without the scope moving, and they leave a lot of marks on the tube, compared to better mounts like Badger/NF/Seekins that seem very precisely machined to the right diameter and roundness.

Probably best to just stay with the known quality of NF/Badger/Seekins/etc. but sometimes there are diamond's in the rough, not sure Sig has ever made one though :)

Yeah, I've had one in my hands from a trade, and it was just a bog standard one-piece mount. Not a bad mount by any stretch, it had good machining and finish, but I don't know why I'd buy it over a Warne or whatever.

Yep, seems like the best option is to avoid.

The interesting statement I saw on their description was: "Our proprietary steel alloy ALPHA2 Scope Mounts are machined with an exactness that is both strong yet ductile

Marketing bullshit

When you hear stupid crap like that...you can bet it wasn't built with "love" but instead a price point...