• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig BDX AB External Demo

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com

There have been some questions about the new Sig Sauer BDX Systems. While they natively have the AB Ultralite Engine (800 yard limit for firing solutions) some of them (2400 models and up) are equipped with dual mode. Which means they can be set to AB External mode and in that case they will connect to a Garmin or Kestrel in order to pull firing solutions. Or to even update the range on the external device. Even in AB External mode they will remain paired to the scope. So you can use your Garmin/Kestrel/(Insert new product you will see soon here) and your Sig 3000 BDX to get firing solutions for ELR events. This works witll ALL BDX Scopes, as long as the paired range finder is a 2400 model or up.

Wind can also be input and electronically calculated with these scopes. It was just not demonstrated in this video. We plan to demonstrate more and more as time goes on.

Last edited:
A spotter calling out targets,ranging and giving wind calls could really speed up shooting "targets". Tons of hoops to go through and fundamentals should always be there to not have to rely on this technology but in the right hands I see this speeding up the process. I hope this is being fielded already by those with less hoops to see how it works in the field.

So am I reading this correct, in that the new Sig 3000BDX Binos, will be able to talk to my Kestrel Elite 5700 when paired, and update based on the ranges it pulls from the binos? Furthermore, do you know if it is possible to create multiple targets in the target card of the Kestrel, and then range multiple targets at a single time (for example at a PRS match)?

Reactions: Redeye3
So am I reading this correct, in that the new Sig 3000BDX Binos, will be able to talk to my Kestrel Elite 5700 when paired, and update based on the ranges it pulls from the binos? Furthermore, do you know if it is possible to create multiple targets in the target card of the Kestrel, and then range multiple targets at a single time (for example at a PRS match)?

Yes the 3000 BDX Binos can update the range in Kestrel or Garmin 701.

You cannot build target cards on the Kestrel with the BDX system. Something to consider for a feature like this, what if you range the wrong target? Then it accepts the input and moves on to the next target and you have a bad range in your card. Plenty of times shooters have to ping 2 or 3 times because when they push the button they moved the reticle.

Reactions: Redeye3
Makes sense, thanks. I am anxiously awaiting the 3000's to be released, as I just picked up 50% Off Coupon from Sig Optics, at the SnipersHide Team Cup this past weekend!!!

?? So how can we get above 800 yards. Doesn't the scope run out of room in the reticle to light up the correct shot?? I have the Eliminator series & I love the scope but I am limited to the amount to distance because of what I stated above. So how is this scope different??