• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Blaser 2

lencomatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
COS, CO
I found a pretty good deal on one of these but don't know much about them. The straight bolt is kind of cool and I like different. Is there one reciever size and all the mags, 308 to 338 fit the chassis? The big downside I see is huge price for barrels and bolt faces if you want different calibers. Can a competent gunsmith do a barrel for it?

I have one in 308 that's a department owned gun. I love it. Its a very forgiving gun and if I can hold it together on that 5th round I can pull down .25" group at 100 with 168 grain FGMM.
I know to switch calibers it takes barrel, bolt, and magazine. The only thing else you need is a chassis to build a new rifle so that's why switching calibers is so expensive.

I'm fairly fond of ours so far. It's a shooter for sure. The only criticism I could make over its precision rifle peers is mag capacity. But for my applications that's not a factor. At my skill level, I've never come up short due to mag capacity.

TTR