• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig Elite Dark 220/226/229

RUM Lover

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2006
Has anyone gotten their hands on one of the new Elite Dark versions of the 220, 226, or 229? They have the new short reset trigger and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Re: Sig Elite Dark 220/226/229

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RUM Lover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone gotten their hands on one of the new Elite Dark versions of the 220, 226, or 229? They have the new short reset trigger and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra cash. </div></div>

I have the 226 9mm Elite with the ?nitron coating? and I love the thing.I have not had the plain jane 226 to compare it to but it is one of my favorite guns.Only prob is a too weak/strong recoil spring.The slide will not stay open on the last shot for the mags it came with,the 5 MeG-Car mags I have with it but only with an older beat up mag a freind gave me.

HPIM1086.jpg

I have one on order with my local FFL. He claims that SIG told him 2 weeks from now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken Onion knife? Looks good. </div></div>

thanks,it' my favorite utilty knife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 226 9mm Elite with the ?nitron coating? and I love the thing.I have not had the plain jane 226 to compare it to but it is one of my favorite guns.Only prob is a too weak/strong recoil spring.The slide will not stay open on the last shot for the mags it came with,the 5 MeG-Car mags I have with it but only with an older beat up mag a freind gave me. </div></div>

How many rounds do you have throught he gun so far? I experienced this same issued with my P226R that I purchased new 6 years ago. After I put about 500 rounds down range, all the kinks were worked out. Since then, I haven't had a failure of any kind in the last 6000 rounds. All of my mags are factory Sig, 15 and 10rd.

I figured I'd add this to this thread. I'm looking at 9mm right now and am really leaning towards the Sigs. I like the P226 but am not sure which one to go with. Does anyone have any opinion on any of them? The Blackwater Tactical and the Elite Dark have my eye right now. But is there a big difference between them and the base model or even the Combat?

Thanks

There are many differences, not really with the Blackwater version, it just had logo grips and an engraved slide, but there are many differences in the elite dark series compared with the R series. Sigs website will explain them

Hold the phones... So Bought a metric piston for my SWR Trident 9 can in wait for the 226 Elite dark coming out this summer... And Now i hear that they have american threads???? I assume 1/2x28...

Can anyone confirm or deny this???