• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

northshorelumber

You Miss All the Shots You Don’t Take
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Red Lodge, MT
Does anyone have real life experience or information on the new Sig Kilo 10k ABS range finding binos. Cameraland has them listed on their website as out of stock. Haven’t come across any other information. Seems like a new release but also very possible I’m just behind the times.

Looks like kilo 6k and weapon-mounted laser as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.58.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.58.22 PM.png
    729 KB · Views: 1,544
  • Love
Reactions: 96C
I was talking to my sig rep about it. He told me it’s upgraded glass and obviously electronics. He said you’ll also be able to zero the laser to the reticle. He said a bunch of other shit, but that’s what stands out to me the most. Hopefully I’ll be getting them when they come out.

Reactions: ormandj
Came across one review and it stated it had onboard environmental sensors and a compass. AB Elite and 10K ranging capability. Sounds like a combo of the older 2400 ABS and Kilo 3000 on steroids.

Reactions: PDXGS
2K for half that range is a pretty reasonable price that I’m certainly very interested in.

From the listing on Cameralandny:
  • Gen II lightwave dsp ranging engine with extended range (xr) mode
  • Onboard environmental sensors and digital compass for real-time ballistic calculations
  • Drop remote waypoints with basemap app
  • Applied ballistics elite with complete ab bullet database and custom drag curves
  • Active-matrix oled display provides graphical real-time ballistics information
So, very cool. No longer have to link with an external AB-Elite device to overcome the limitations of AB-Ultralite!

Last edited:
This is what I could find with limited research. More for hunting but still super cool if it's as good as they are saying. One less tripod to take over ridges.
Screenshot_20210822-184532_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-184621_Chrome.jpg

Anyone else have any news on the 10K ABS? It would be a great upgrade to the 3000BDX if it has the features mentioned. The next step up in Sig bino optics from the 3000BDX glass would be a nice quality step up.

Reactions: YotaEer
I wonder if Vortex will do something similar.

will be seeing a few used Terrapin X on the market , this should be killer

From the listing on Cameralandny:
  • Gen II lightwave dsp ranging engine with extended range (xr) mode
  • Onboard environmental sensors and digital compass for real-time ballistic calculations
  • Drop remote waypoints with basemap app
  • Applied ballistics elite with complete ab bullet database and custom drag curves
  • Active-matrix oled display provides graphical real-time ballistics information
So, very cool. No longer have to link with an external AB-Elite device to overcome the limitations of AB-Ultralite!
Yeah they've got the full sell-sheet linked there as a PDF too - https://1410dd2bdd37e05ebf19-a23050...6b.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/ZUBjb6ys_fre0xQP-M95xw

I found this review on Outdoorlife. Anyone else know the release date? Any new information?
A couple of other optic companies have a page up now but no info on when they will ship.

Reactions: ormandj
Link above lists a 1.5 x 0.06 mil beam divergence, wow.

Wonder if they will come out with a Kilo 10K ABS next, since they just released the 5K

According to that review 1700 msrp so 1500 street? Godamitsomuch I hate when shit you buy is outdated before you fucking use it. Wonder what my kilo 3000 will be worth...diddly?

• Haha
Reactions: Field and 96C
I managed to get an order in on one of the 10Ks and I’m told it’s likely end of month to early next month to come in. Fingers crossed.

Have we confirmed the beam divergence numbers and that we can zero the reitcles to the beam? Those both look pretty slick. I've been impressed with the ranges I can get with my 3k, so anything on top of that would be sweet, but the rest of the features seem like better reasons to upgrade.

Have we confirmed the beam divergence numbers and that we can zero the reitcles to the beam? Those both look pretty slick. I've been impressed with the ranges I can get with my 3k, so anything on top of that would be sweet, but the rest of the features seem like better reasons to upgrade.
https://1410dd2bdd37e05ebf19-a23050...6b.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/ZUBjb6ys_fre0xQP-M95xw had 1.5x0.06 MRAD. I think that’s the closest to confirmation we have so far. Coupled with the range, that wouldn’t surprise me.

I also think it may be including the WFANO-01C (Weatherflow WINDmeter) based on the tiny picture and description. I can’t tell if it’s the exact same model or a cut down version, but it’s close. The article linked prior mentioned a Bluetooth wind meter so this makes sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw that about the wind meter. Not thrilled at that, probably just keep a kestrel in that case.

I know what the spec sheet says but it seems like once things actually get to market some of those number change sometimes.

I'll probably wait until next spring to do anything anyway. I don't wanna be messing with new shit right as hunting is starting and that'll give me plenty of time to see some reviews.

Wonder if they figured out locking diopters? I know lots of people complain about them on the 3k.

Reactions: goneballistic
I don’t mind the external wind meter (in fact prefer it) I just don’t know how reliable that one is. The only thing negative I’ve read about the wind meter is issues with readings during no/low wind prior to a firmware update, which was released years back. I suppose time will tell! Hopefully Sig did thorough testing.

Worst case if it failed you could just use the phone and input the wind manually and sync it to the RF. I’m split on if I want to keep a Kestrel around with these. I’ll probably pack a spare CRF to keep at the base camp, but switch to phone for ballistics calculations if the k10k were to die. I guess I could always buy a spare wind sensor too but at a certain point it’s just being excessively over prepared.

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to a review n comparison to the Leica BrF’s. I know Leica has amazing glass .

Just got an email from SIG announcing the 10k and 8k. They have everything on their website now too. Midway lists the 10k at $2000.

I don't see anything about being able to adjust the reticle to the actual laser, unfortunately. Hopefully that is still going to happen.

Everything else seems confirmed. I would like to see pics of all the reticles though... I think the one they have as a product photo must be the milling one.

Guys sorry for a dumb question, anyone know and can clarify is Sig releasing a 10K Kilo range Finder, not bino model? Or just the 8K Range Finder?

👍

Interesting. Can't wait for reviews. Going to try and decide between this new sig, the vortex fury and if I can save a few more pennies either the Geovid or swaro bino RFs.

Allegedly the minimum price a distributor can sell it to a dealer for.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
$1800ish is going to be about the best from Cameraland initially but they’re not even sure when they’ll get any in.