• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k subtensions ??

jrsandiego12

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
Does anyone know the subtension detail on the Kilo 10k mil reticle. You would think they would put this in the manual, but its not.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-25 102126.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-25 102126.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 141
I’m guessing 10 mils or 10 moa based off of the 50 on the last hash on the left side

Reactions: Huskydriver
One might assume that if using MIL you'd get MIL subtensions and vice versa when using MOA.

Hmmm - I think we are all being asked to surmise the obvious. Given its a 10x bino, and the hash marks have a 50 at the end, then I think we all surmise it's 10 mil increments. What I am looking for is - Has anyone seen a true subtensions diagram for the reticle. How big is the inner circle in mills? How wide are the subtension hash marks? etc.

Take your rifle scope’s mil reticle and confirm what they are. You’ll have an answer in about 30 seconds.

But yea, that should definitely be printed in the manual. Did you reach out to Sig CS to see what they had to say?

Reactions: Huskydriver
I’m assuming they didn’t bother with listing it because…..well…..you have a laser RF and won’t be milling anything.

And the only way you’d be able to realistically use it to mil for wind strategy is if it had at least .5 increments which it obviously does not.

Reactions: blksno
Take your rifle scope’s mil reticle and confirm what they are. You’ll have an answer in about 30 seconds.

But yea, that should definitely be printed in the manual. Did you reach out to Sig CS to see what they had to say?
Don't have the binos so can't measure. Called Sig and they did not have an answer

Don't really care about subtenisions but would like to know size of aiming circle

Don't have the binos so can't measure. Called Sig and they did not have an answer

Don't really care about subtenisions but would like to know size of aiming circle
That is posted as 1.5 mils.

Attachments

• 3C765822-5FD8-48E1-8A34-4E0A4D58D5EA.png
    3C765822-5FD8-48E1-8A34-4E0A4D58D5EA.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: stevenc23
Weird that sig does not have this info out there.

In any case just set a graded target and map the reticle using the mil scale on your mil scope.

Even a rock or a house would work for this purpose.

It appears that the MIL reticle is 5 mils per dot -- from center to first dot on the right or left, and next dot, etc. There are clues in the phone app about the reticle, but no subtension diagram you typically find on a reticle. I did verify a target board that was scope reticle 10 MIL wide, and it matched in the Sig reticle to the dots/hashes on each side of the dot.

Maybe they’ll have the ability to update the reticle at some point with .2 subtensions.

I highly doubt that - with 10 power, the reticle at .2 increments would be tough. But maybe at least 1.0 mil would be better.