• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig Kilo 2200 MR Thread

USMC 308

G14 Classified
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2003
Central TX
There's a few threads about the 2000 and the 2400, but not one that I recall dedicated to the Sig Kilo 2200 MR.

I've used many LRF's, issued and personally funded...mostly in Iraq. They ranged from garbage (Newcon circa 2004) to excellent (Swarovski in 2007-10). The Swaro glass was amazing....better than most bino's, but it was close to $1000. Readings in very bright sun over 1000 yds were no problem.

I purchased the new Sig Kilo 2200 MR from Liberty Optics and was immediately impressed. Glass was very good (not up to Swaro caliber glass but still very good), reticle is great feature but I could not report about the performance until recently. Bright day at the range....steel plates with berms behind them at Best of the West range in Liberty Hill Texas. The 2200 not only hit the berms but had no problem with the individual steel plates...ranging from 250 yards out to over 1000. A 10x12 steel plate at over 1000 yards. As good as it was, I don't think the Swaro unit makes that reading. Reticle on steel....reading, reticle on berm...reading. Scan function going back and forth berm to steel....reading instantly every time at every distance.

Mil scale reticle is a great feature for referencing targets....OLED display is very well done...no more fuzzy circles for reticles. (Shown in bad cell phone picture).

Anyways....if you don't want to spend the cash for the 2400, the 2200 may be just the one. For features, performance, glass....at a surprising price, will be tough to beat.

Attachments

• photo52149.jpg
    photo52149.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 49
Cool,, So what LRF's did they issue you with, ?

Of coarse we have to take in to account that LRF's were not intended for ringing steel of such sizes, Domestic LRF's were made for hunting Game etc and military LRF's were made for Ranging people and Items of interest So really it is not fair to judge them for ringing steel, Sig seem to have an amazing ability to hit targets a long way off and I think it is a shame that they have had a few problems because if they could fix those issues they could quite easily be at the top of the heap.

Some shitty model Leupold was issued. I gave it back to them and used my Swarovski. Other DDM's would look through my Swaro and ask to borrow it on missions.

I don't hunt so I can't say how it does on fur...maybe others can chime in. I'm talking from the perspective of being on a roof (or ground) in an urban to sparsely populated area, identifying danger areas, making range cards, or using it as primary observation device on people/areas. Haha, as I type this I wonder why I think I need to do this in the US, especially when Hillary lost. Now if that evil witch had won, I may feel differently :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1491109883676.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491109883676.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 74
  • FB_IMG_1491109824732.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491109824732.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 68
  • FB_IMG_1491109750740.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491109750740.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 75
  • FB_IMG_1491109849767.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491109849767.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FB_IMG_1491109807713.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491109807713.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 70
Some shitty model Leupold was issued. I gave it back to them and used my Swarovski. Other DDM's would look through my Swaro and ask to borrow it on missions.

I don't hunt so I can't say how it does on fur...maybe others can chime in. I'm talking from the perspective of being on a roof (or ground) in an urban to sparsely populated area, identifying danger areas, making range cards, or using it as primary observation device on people/areas. Haha, as I type this I wonder why I think I need to do this in the US, especially when Hillary lost. Now if that evil witch had won, I may feel differently :)

That sounds about right, Bless out Gubberments, Leupold has a Great name in Optics and I love their Spotters and Scopes, But their Rangefinders suck, As for doing the Urban thing with an RF I think you have given the term Neighbourhood Watch a whole new meaning, Lol.

Funny you mention using it for making range cards because that is exactly what I use mine for, I have 2 sets of Leupold Tactical Bino's , I have the Original Coyote coloured 10x50 Mk 4's which are brilliant and the pouch they come with is Awesome, And I have the Newer Leupold BX-2/T's 10x42's with the "L" shaped Ret which is too damn big and is a PIA, The Mk 4's have a small normal mildot Ret in them so it is easy to ignore when glassing, but I like using my bushnell ConX because I can use it as a normal scope type bino gadget,

I must admit those swaro LRF Bino's have my attention too, I like the power of the 10x but 8x might be easier to handle for longer periods, Aye.

John.

I had one of these for pre-release T&E. Simply amazing. Stupid fast at returning results, works on things I didn't think it would. Viewfinder optical clarity isn't as good as I hoped. Totally worth the $. Beat out Leica 1200 and Leupold 1200 in side by side testing hands down. All of the PRS guys I was hanging out with that day were super impressed.

I ALso bought the 2200 from scott at liberty optics. me previous rangefinder was a leupold rx750. i received the sig and skimmed the manual quick. installed the battery and walked outside and handheld the rangefinder and ranged houses and a parked car at like 1450 or so, i bought a sig mount off a fellow hide member and was ranging trees and houses at 1530 yards. i went to one of my LR hunting spots and ranged a few trees and rocks an a minimal 518 yards and closer. I have yet to have the chance to range a deer or any animal. But, if i can handhold this rangefinder and range a deer at 1300 yards im happy! I will add, obviously when mounted to a tripod your returns are much further and better..